1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rousey considered suicide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amiga, Feb 16, 2016.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

If she loses again, she will become irrelevant. That means no more movies, commercials, tv.

Reason why she is so marketable is because she's attractive woman that dominated her opponents.

Problem is, people bought in to her hype and thought she was unbeatable. She's a product of being a "good" fighter that beat up on scrubs.

For example, her opponent before holm, Beth correia. A woman that was an accountant that got into MMA because she wanted to lose weight.

Rousey is a good fighter but she's overrated.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Having a tough time mentally doesn't equate to fantasizing about being removed from this world and rotting somewhere.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I doubt there is anyone that never or rarely have a tough time mentally. Living is full of challenges. Doesn't mean they have thoughts of suicide. Plus, he later clarify that it's more of fascinating general thoughts than anything serious which may be very common.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Someone talking about how they had thoughts of suicide (especially on clutchfans) isn't an invitation to ridicule and name call. Pathetic showing by you.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

??? wait are we talking about the same person here

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We built her up, and then are shocked when she breaks down that she even pondered suicide. Wow. There were people saying she was in a league of her own, that she could take on 3/4 of the men's division, there were people who said she was unstoppable. It's foolish to think she didn't hear that, and maybe her head got a little too big from it. I feel sorry for her that she fell so hard, and honestly I wish her nothing but the best. She seems like a great person.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Christ, shutup and cut your fraudulent act. You know just as well as I do that you're sitting in crock of your own crap as you type that out. As one of the most antagonistic posters on this board it really is quite hilarious to see you cry about some perceived wrong. Just read your own posts in the dungeon downstairs, you don't give a crap about people, mental health, or anything resembling morality (unless attention is drawn and you want to be perceived a certain way).

Regarding that poster, there is a mountain of evidence to show that not only is he a fraud, but a stupid attention w****. I would quote the posts, but I'd rather not bring the dungeon up here. I've quoted them and shown his contradictions numerous times so perhaps you should take a step back and evaluate the situation before jumping in, clueless and all, as you are accustomed to doing.

1 person likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

To some extent the pity is ok, but her arrogance was nauseating. "I can beat any man or woman in the ring." "I haven't prepared for the fight because I don't need to." "it'll be over in the 1st." You could go on and on about how her disgusting personality set the stage for this. She is ugly on the inside, and while immune to it like before, the consequences of it finally showed up in the worst way possible ---as the collective ridicule of the entire world---not just because she lost, but because she lost with her head down without any sportsmanship or pride.

Needs to be a lesson for others out there.

9. Bandwagoner

You don't know what you are talking about. Listing an issue I feel very strongly about proves that. There is a reason people here don't share your immature, cavalier attitude on suicide.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wo I missed that. Completely insensitive.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What she should have done is watch the Rocky movies. That would have taught her that even the great one lost a fight or two. After a loss he would hunker down, learn a new tactic, and do that thing he does. How could one man do so much?

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Its actually not fascinating, and while I disagree with you a lot (and knew that you meant just thinking about it) I'm glad you confirmed that it was never more than a thought with this post. Regardless, the other posters were in the right to give you a hotline #, as a loss of life is not something that can be reversed ---and going overboard/overreacting is a must to prevent something so catastrophic. Life is beautiful, even though it may not seem so at times, but you owe it at least enough, to give those thoughts a proper trial--- When in the presence of those you love, those that love you and depend on you, and the sight/area that reminds you of how fortunate you are to remain in the same state of being as 6 billion other people on this planet. We have a big mental health problem in this country, and we ourselves are the first to blame in this instance. It's important that we reach out and take care of those most important to us and find them help if they ever reach that point. I know people that were clinically depressed, bipolar and attempted suicide. I even had an old college acquaintance run in front of a train. Fleeting thoughts of it, as opposed to serious consideration as Nook pointed out is why I take what you said seriously. It is not something to be joked out.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Bandwagoner has a habit of trying to display moral qualities, mostly because he has none. There is a reason he cited my post by itself. Its sad that he wakes up every morning with no intention of bettering himself.

To clarify, I responded to this:
    I don't believe that it is fascinating, demands a "LOL", or that it should be romanticized. If you know people that have actually gone through with it, it is not a joke. But please, go on and encourage that line of thinking.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

There you go again, proving my point. You don't know how to read, or you are deliberately ignoring my posts where I have cited my stance so you can build a false narrative. I can write a whole lot more, but I'll leave it at, don't lie or mislead others.

The irony is, is that the low bar I had set for you still had you above all this nonsense and attention whoring. Grow up dude.

15. Buck Turgidson

I'm pretty sure you're not Brightsiding this, so...

I think you are correct; at least she has the resources to get quality help.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Grow up.

Many many people have considered suicide at some point in life, even if it was a fleeting thought. Many successful people as well.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Honestly I think she's just that intense. She might have also considered just randomly beating someone to death, that's their spectrum. Before women's UFC she would have probably had to box to make any real money, so maybe it's all just been one big ride for her and she can't imagine it ending. Her mom's a judoka and a PhD, maybe Rousey going all in on the Olympics in her 20s (which I don't think women could do until '96) kept her from studying or learning a skill, or going the teaching/studio route, and she regrets that. Contrast to Gina Carano, completely personable and marketable, but probably wouldn't last a minute in today's circuit.

18. Bandwagoner

Way better actor as well. She didn't have much to do in deadpool but everything she did was fine. Rousey is just horrible at acting.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

She seems like a pretty nice, normal person beside being hyper-competitive and too honest to be in the public eye. Maybe not the best combination to be likable by everyone but her bank account and fame don't lie.

I expect she will smash Holm in the rematch if it happens. No lie. Ronda fought the dumbest fight I've ever seen and it isn't like Holly beat (and didn't look very good) anyone but tomato cans before this fight.

Miesha will have the belt soon. Ronda will take it from her and then she will fight Holly again, win and retire with the belt.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never know what's true when celebrities with huge PR machines behind them are talking. Her statement could be genuine, but it may also be an attempt to better the incredibly arrogant image that hurt her recently, many people cheered on her losing.