1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: NJ Nets vs Toronto Raptors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Apr 21, 2007.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If Nachbar would have made that shot, the board would have blown up. Ah, well, they'll finish the Raps off next.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Carter just traveled and no call look at the replay he goes up for a scoop shot then lands and moves his feet to make the pass to Boki. He missed but had made shot it would have robbed the Raptors.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would think Carter would be the one to take those shots instead of running around and trying to pass it. Kidd is streaky and Boki is too new and unproven.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i can't believe carter didn't take it, especially with all the history with the raptors. when he caught it well outside the 3 point line w/ about 4 seconds left, i could just see him hitting a 3 to kill everyone there. but then he drove and, admittedly, got nachbar a really good look, but still probably should have taken it.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If Boki had made that, the officials and the NBA would be taking major flak from ESPN and all the major media tomorrow. If the Raptors had lost the series 'cause the refs didn't call a blatant travel, the officials would be crucified.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

That was one of the worst games from Boki all year. He missed many shot he should have no problem make. Well, this is just not his night.

I hope he will come back strong at next game. I believe he will.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

it's over...

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's good the Raptors went down fighting, but a 2nd round playoff appearance would have been really good for that team. Good luck to them next year.

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I was hoping Raptors would make it to the Finals

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

So that makes the road team 0-3 in game 6's this post-season.

11. jlwee

jlwee Member

Nachbar has outscored the entire houston bench in six games this playoffs! :eek:

12. aaaa

aaaa Member

Yea. And also because I think they'd do well against the Cavs. It'll be sad if the Nets make the Eastern Conference finals.

Kidd was ballin'

13. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Agreed, they put up a good fight, thought the inexperience really hurt. You could tell that the players were all somewhat timid…

You gotta remember that Chris Bosh played the whole season with plantar fasciitis in his left foot, from what I remember Tim Duncan had his worst season when he had the same thing…I honestly think he's much better than what we saw in the playoffs or regular season. Plus, Bargnani is going to be a monster, forget Nowitzki, this kid's gonna be like Larry Bird!!! A few years guys and we'll hopefully be the beasts in the East. :D

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

the raps really need someone who can play on the post. Hopefully Bargnani learns from Dirk and develops a post-up game. You have to be able to punish teams like New Jersey, who don't have any big guys.

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Like what Yao is doing to the Jazz?? :p

16. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Jefferson was huge for this series. He was the X-Factor for the Nets.

Why did the Raptors trade Vince any way? Stupid Robb Babcock=moron!

Here's looking up to Nets vs Cavs,exciting! :D

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interesting comment on Bosh and it would help explain the difficult playoff performance. On Bargnani, he may end up being more talented than Dirk, maybe not. Right now he's far ahead of where Dirk was at the same age. But drop the comparison to Larry Bird. A very good rookie season is just that, a good rookie season. If Bargnani demonstrates the "it" factor, intelligence, passing ability, work ethic, leadership and clutchness later on in his career, he will be an all-time great. But that's unlikely to happen.

Since the Pacers are down the tubes, I'm picking the Bulls to be the "beasts in the East". If the Raptors end up being their main competitors, that's OK with me.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking…my point was that he has a really high ceiling in terms of talent.

19. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

JVG really sucks in this aspect! developing the young players, I mean