1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: NJ Nets vs Toronto Raptors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Apr 21, 2007.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

[​IMG]

anybody watching Game 1 right now on ESPN? Wets leading 51 to 41 at the half. Great duel going on at the PG position. TJ with 14 points and Kidd has 11 assists already. Of course, the Raptor fans are booing the hell out of VC.

The young Raptors team seems to be having some Game 1 jitters (anlong with Nachbar). I'm sure they'll get it together. For an Eastern conference series, the brand of basketball between these two teams is pretty decent to watch.

2. FFz

FFz Member

their halfcourt offense is horrible. Iono if it's just playoff jitters, but neither team has nothing going in the half court set. I understand toronto's excuse because Bosh was in foul trouble, but Nets even though they're leading aren't getting anythign in the half court.

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

OK, on halftime show, T-Mac insist it will be on him if Rox doesn't make out of first round this year.

Let's see what he can do. I expect a show!

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Halfcourt offense ain't exactly the MO for either team. They have to try to get their points in transition before the other team sets up their defense. Hopefully, both teams keep trying to run. If this game settles down, it could get really ugly.

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

The Raptors' fans are wearing red...like the Nets. lol.

6. FFz

FFz Member

i like the fact that they're really letting them play! It's PLAYOFF TIME!!!!

7. FFz

FFz Member

refs read that let them play comment by me and decided to foul carter out of there.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm drooling over the thought of bosh and yao playing high and low post together.

what compliments they would be to eachother.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i hope the TC looks like that today.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, TJ and RJ are both looking good. Collins has tripled his scoring average. 6 points!

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is this game being shown on ESPN HD? All I'm getting is a black screen on Time Warner Cable. It is showing up on the SD ESPN channel.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Do have to give it to the Toronto crowd, even if they have lost some punch and ended up wearing the Nets' colors. I hope TC has at least as much passion tonight. Loving the way they're giving Carter the business.

Kidd is schooling the Raptor D. Nachbar is looking good, but it's still painful to see how poor his bball IQ and D are. He wouldn't get PT on any other playoff team aside from Phoenix or Washington. It's like Toni Kukoc's black sheep son.

Only on your Xbox or PS, unfortunately.

I've got in HD.

Evan

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I think the Raptors gave away those shirts. I don't think all of those people brought their own red clothing. The shirts say the same thing.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I hope the jazz don't have red alternate jerseys. :)

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's more like the Nets giving a big FU to the Toronto fans by wearing their alternate jerseys.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Oh definitely. That's why we have to GIVE away shirts at the game. Just telling people to wear red isn't going to have nearly the same effect.

17. FFz

FFz Member

boki has been sick for them since VC got in foul trouble!! Sick drives and postups and clutch rebounding!!

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i can dream, can't i?

any pf with that kind of size, quickness, and jumpshot would do fine... :p

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, Raptors getting their asses handed to them now.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Playing Bosh only 10 minutes in the first half killed the Raptors. Sitting TJ for so long in the 2nd quarter was also a mistake. The Raptors, including Sam Mitchell, just don't look ready for this game. If the Nets win this game convincingly with VC playing like a weak softie, the Raptors look to be overmatched.