1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: East Matchup 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fallenphoenix, Jul 26, 2012.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Voting is based on front court, back court, overall offence, inside offence, outside shooting, overall defence, post defence, perimeter defence, bench, chemistry...and then individual match-ups (starting line up only)
    If you score a point for each, that is 15 points total, there should be a winner decided.

bigmaloe
    PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

Bench:
    Grant Hill
    Chris Bosh
    Artis Gilmore
    vs

sc1211
    PG: Steve Nash
    SG: Joe Dumars
    SF: Alex English
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar

Bench:
    Glen Rice
    Bill Walton
    Sidney Moncrief

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

Front Court: SC11
    Back Court: bigmaloe
    Overall Offense: SC11..
    Inside Offense: SC11
    Outside Shooting: SC11
    Overall Defense: BigMaloe - Reeeallyy tough!!
    Post Defense: SC11
    Perimeter Defense: BigMaloe
    Bench: SC11
    Chemistry: BigMaloe

Individual Matchups

PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

vs

sc1211

8-7.... Winner: Sc1211

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Overall Offense: SC11..
    Overall Defense: TIE
    Chemistry: TIE

Individual Matchups

PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

vs

sc1211

8-5... Winner is Sc1211

4. fallenphoenix

Overall Offense: SC11
    Overall Defense: SC11
    Chemistry: bigmaloe

Individual Matchups

PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

vs

sc1211

SC:9
    Bigmaloe:6

5. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Front court: SC1211
    Back court: BigMaloe
    Overall offence: SC1211
    Inside offence: SC1211
    Outside shooting: SC1211
    Overall defence: SC1211
    Post defence: SC1211
    Perimeter defence: BigMaloe
    Bench: SC1211
    Chemistry: Tie

Individual Matchups

PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

vs.

sc1211

SC1211: 9
    BigMaloe:5

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[Front Court]

SC1211.

[Back Court]

BigMaloe.

[Overall Offense]

BigMaloe.

[Inside Offense]

SC1211.

[Outside Shooting]

SC1211.

[Overall Defense]

SC1211.

[Post Defense]

SC1211.

[Perimeter Defense]

TIE.

[Bench]

SC1211.

[Chemistry]

SC1211.

[Point Guard]

BigMaloe.

[Shooting Guard]

BigMaloe.

[Small Forward]

BigMaloe.

[Power Forward]

SC1211.

SC1211.

[WINNER]

SC1211.​

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Sc1211 is moving on to the next round

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i dont know how my overall offense isn't better...i lose front court sure but bot as much as he loses in the back... i dominate the backcourt and its nowhere near close.... how does he stop bigO from scoring? with nash he cant... how does he stop lebron? english and rice aint doin it... moncrief can slow down but not stop him... My outside shot isnt SupeR high % but all players score easily and with effeciency, even if its not 3's...

nor how my defense isn't better...

i got mr triple double himself along with another triple double machine in lebron... i got the most underrated player on this bbs in bob pettit...

its whatever thought not tripping...

as a side note... i hate this new judging style... i honestly doubt anyone is actually going in depth to think about the matchups but rather just going with it off of first thought...

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I agree with your side note. I liked judging better last time.

10. Jamers

Jamers Member

yes.. i agree.. the judging style is flawed. Makes it more individual matchups.. sad but true

11. BigMaloe

no one is actually THINKING... they are just like ugh i like this i like that, but they arent taking the time to write out thier opinions... numerous times i had liked one team but after writing and explaing i realized the other team was better and it changed my mind... hate to sound bitter because im not, its just i dont see how anyone is gonna stop a lebron bigO combo...

but like jamers said... its more individual matchups now, which is funny because i win 3 out of 5 according to everyone yet still lose.... its so much nicer when you get a well thought responsive answer instead of picks... it waters it down and makes it just for show imo... no elaboration and its just who has the more popular team...

12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love next time if we could do write UPS for our teams about how we utilize our players. If I had known so much would be about the individual I would have drafted more for name than fit.

As an aside about stopping your backcourt Maloe, Moncrief and Dumars are two of the best perimeter defenders in NBA history.

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

front court: sc1211 -- Garnett and Kareem is a wicked duo, and I actually think they fit very well together. I like LeBron over English, but the KG/KA-J combo gives them the edge.
    back court: bigmaloe -- Oscar and Wade get the edge, primarily due to athleticism.
    inside offence: sc1211 -- Having the best scorer in NBA history goes a long way, and KG/English are no slouches in the paint.
    outside shooting: sc1211 -- Having Rice and Nash gives sc the edge.
    overall offence: bigmaloe -- Interesting, but I will give the overall offensive edge to maloe, even after awarding sc with the better inside offence and outside shooting. The main reason is that I really like maloe's ability to pentrate and move the ball around.
    overall defence: bigmaloe -- I don't think either of these teams are great defensively. maloe gets the slight edge because sc's team has the worst overall defender of the lot (Nash).
    post defence: sc1211 -- Primarily due to KG
    perimeter defence: bigmaloe -- Dumars is great, but Wade/Oscar is better than Dumars/Nash, I think.
    bench: sc1211 -- sc gets the edge because his bench is more well-balanced. maloe has no backup guard to bring into the lineup.
    chemistry: sc1211 -- The LeBron/Wade/Bosh connection is nice, but I actually think having both LeBron and Oscar on the same team might possibly be a bit of a disadvantage because their skill sets are very similar. Both need to be the alpha dog in order to be most effective. Overall, I think sc1211's players complement each other better.

bigmaloe
    PG - Oscar Robertson
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Bob Pettit
    C - Patrick Ewing

vs

sc1211

sc1211 wins 8-7. Another close match up!

14. BigMaloe

i agree... i would like to hear write ups... and yes moncrief and dumars are great defenders but they cant keep up with the speed and athleticism...

i built my team on an offense style, penetration, good ballmovement, PnR...

as a matter of fact im gonna do a write up for this matchup.....

15. fallenphoenix

you talk about your team if you want. it's just not necessary.

16. BigMaloe

bigmaloe
    PG - Oscar Robertson/LeBron James
    SG - Dwyane Wade/Grant Hill
    SF - LeBron James/Grant Hill
    PF - Bob Pettit/Chris Bosh
    C - Patrick Ewing/Artis Gilmore

vs

sc1211

Bench:
    Glen Rice
    Bill Walton
    Sidney Moncrief

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC
    SC1211 - I consider the 3 both front and backcourt... SC has the most unstoppable hook shot and shot ever in kareem, along with a perfect compliment in KG... the defense duo in the post with these two is fantastic... Pettit is good and will out-hustle kg, not too mention he was a beast on the boards, but kg is better... Ewing was nice with a good offense and defense and a great blocker, but i dont see him blockin many of kareems hooks... Lebron dominates english, no explanation needed... but overall Sc's front is better...

Backcourt- Who has the better BC
    BigMaloe - This isn't close... nash is a great facilitator especially on the fast break, but whos dangerous enough to run full-court with him? plus his defense is horrid...on the other side bigO averaged a triple double, plus he has the heighth advantage for sure... Dumars is a great defender and i think he can slow wade down a little, but this flash, dumars cant contain his speed all game... again lebron >>>>>> english...

Bench- WHo has the better bench
    Tie - bill walton and moncrief off the bench is very nice offense comin from the second unit... glen rice brings the only offense tho, and while he was a great 3 pointer im worried about the bench offense... grant hill was a beast who i wish injuries didnt occur to, because IMO he would be one of the greatest ever(top 25) his defense was superb and offense and athleticism were very good also... artis gilmore brings post defense similiar to walton except at a notch below... bosh gets whippped for being 'soft' but he is one of the best stretch 4's ever and can play both sides... but the talent and skills offset and are so close its hard to decide, thus its a tie...

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    BigMaloe - the unselfishness and dominance of the overall team is superb... i imagine bigO, wade, lebron runnin transition, siiick... when bigO sits lebron takes over and is essentially the same exact thing... ewing could score along with pettit, nice, but SC's defense and post presence diminishes Maloe's FC...the biggest problem with the team is 3pt shooting... while bosh can shoot the 3, as well as wade and lebron, not as super high percentage... TBH im confused on what offense SC would run... nash is gonna push tempo, and kareem could likely keep up, but i dont fear kg, english and dumars on the fast break(especially with wade and lebron closing!) obviously he's better suited on the halfcourt and while nash is good still at the half court hes, better with transition... still feeding the ball thru the post of kareem and kg and kickin it out to rice and nash is nice... but overall i like the build of Maloe's...

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense
    BigMaloe - every player on maloe's team plays both offense and defense except gilmore, but gilmore does play D...... lebron is great and has the wings locked... he can gaurd 1 thru 5... if nash/dumars/english/kg/rice start getting hot lebron can cool him off... kareem and kg is great post defense, along with moncrief and dumars on the wing... i see SC winning the post defense and offense, its far more superior, but BigMaloe dominates both sides of the BC... Nash is a huge weak spot... he plays no defense and BigMaloes strenth is BigO with lebron relieving him, how do you stop that? moncrief and dumars can try but not seeing it...

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    BigMaloe - I dont see any chemistry pproblems for either team, and envision kareem and KG meshing perfectly, but i'll lean towards the trio of bosh/wade/lebron who won a ring together(so far)...

BigMaloe in 7... i honestly see it about tempo, if its a slow game with half court sets and feeding the post SC could have the advantage... problem is bigO/lebron/wade are gonna push and push... and then nash will get the urge to also push, playing into the strenth of maloe...

thats my honest opinion and forethought... SC1211 no offense about what i've been saying... you put a terrific team together, and you win rightfully so because thats how the judges felt... i just wish there was critique and in-depth analysis.. by picking this name that name left me wondering (How do i not win this section? how'd i lose this part? etc..) if i could have had insight on why judges felt they did that would be better and different... but honestly the only weakness i see is not having a dominate 3pt shooter...

GG well played...

17. BigMaloe

its not... but im gonna do it for every matchup...

you can choose names if you want and provide no explanation if you want... seems like laziness to me...

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Pettit is poison on Clutchfans!

19. BigMaloe

concur...

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

FC: SC
    BC: Bigmaloe
    Ovrl Offense: SC
    Inside Offense: SC