1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Apr 22, 2007.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I wish we had alternates. :(

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nuggets have missed around 4576 layups this game.

Can we get back to fundamentals please?

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Manu needs to invest in Rogaine... :eek:

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yawn... Spurs play better defense, Nuggets get rattled.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What a low IQ basketball team.

The wrong people on Nuggets are taking shots. Nene and Najera with jumpshots??

And the right people are taking bad shots. AI and Melo rushing shots. Poor shot selection.

If they played smart they could be up right now. Their defense is not bad.

6. demon77

demon77 Member

It's pretty boring right now...........*yawn*

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The difference of the game is not Nene or Najera takes a few jumpers. It's the Spurs long range is dropping while the Nuggets is missing a bunch of layups. AI obviously doesnt have the lift today. Are his legs hurting?

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

AI with the 3!

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL!

Nuggets just put a big scare in Spurs fans.

Nuggets would have won this game if not for so many blown layups.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's too late for them. At least this shows Nuggets have a chance of keeping HC.

11. demon77

demon77 Member

camby blowing that wide open dunk gotta be the worst.

12. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Game 1, neither team brought their A game, but the Nugs played well enough to steal one. Unfortunately, the Nugs still didn't bring their A game tonight and got their asses kicked. I know we only lost by 8 (9? Whatever it was...), but we got manhandled for 45 minutes. A 3 minute run does not make me feel better about this series at all.

13. fredthered

fredthered Member

If Camby had made that wide open dunk, the Nuggets could have stolen that game, which would have been huge. Opportunity wasted.

14. Nuggets4

Well, I'm basically being told by all of the other Nugs fans that I'm overreacting, and I probably am. I just think that with a team like SA, they're not done until the knife is in the heart, the pulse has been checked, and then they're cremated. The Nugs could have put the knife in the heart tonight and didn't. Giving them ANY more opportunities scares me.

Everyone keeps saying that SA will steal one in Denver. I'm not so sure. I know they're great on the road, I know we've struggled at home this season, but I think these next two games are the Nugs to lose. That doesn't mean I'm guaranteeing a 3-1 lead for Denver, it just means that if the Nugs play as well as they did the last two games, we win both games. The Denver crowd, including myself, will be rocking. Manu is still pretty hated here in Denver from 2 years ago.

OK, and now I ask some impartial observers. What are your thoughts on the officiating tonight? PErsonally, I didn't think it was "bad", just inconsistent. The refs in game 1 were stellar. Tonight, I couldn't tell what was going to be a foul one minute and what wasn't the other. Am I incorrect here? Just curious because AI having ZERO free throws makes me wonder a little.

15. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Would it be great if Rocekts is the only Texas team left in the 2nd round? :D

16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I haven't paid much attention to this series, and the Nuggets at all this year, but they impress me. I knew Marcus Camby Winhealthy, Carmelo Anthony Winactive, and Iverson were great talents. But Nene hadn't impressed me, and he is now. When they put Iverson at the 2 and use Blake as the set-up PG, this is a really good team. They lack depth, but they're going to be a threat for several years.

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Horry is amazing in Game 3: making key steal, raining threes, making clutch shot...you name it. Spurs can't go to anywhere without players like Horry and Finley. Duncan is no longer as dominant as he was but role players has stepped up big time so far.

18. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

spurs are back to their boring selves again. denver seems content on that one win. doesnt look like they want it anymore

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think the Nuggets are done. Game 1 was an abheration. Spurs will advance to play the Suns. The Nuggets aren't deep enough and the Spurs are just too precise and disciplined for them in a 7 game series. Hopefully the Nugs will take game 4 and make it a real series.

20. Nuggets4

That sucked. We're done.