1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, Apr 22, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

blake's defense was non-existant on the bucks and nuggs guards don't defend anyways. imo yao would be back to collecting fouls with blake in the lineup.

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Finley is on fire from downtown.

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Do you think, at a certain point, teams just give up? When do you think the Nuggets gave up in this game?

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

i dont think the Nuggets ever give up. The Spurs defense are too good.

5. johnrox

johnrox Member

that is an understatement, if battier can have this touch tomorrow night, goodnight Utah

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

way to mail it in Denver.

:rolleyes:

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

OK, now even you guys need to give Melo credit. He played his ass off this series. He and Nene were the only bright spots.

Hey, at least the Nugs just saved me $37 by not forcing a game 6.

8. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

The game is done & over.

AI is a shadow of his former self, Camby is just as pathetic, nobody is even fighting on Denver team.

9. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I don't get it... They looked so good in game one.

10. Nuggets4

No we didn't. The Nugs didn't play an "A" game once this entire playoffs. The problem was that San Antonio looked bad in game 1 and turned it around the next four games.

Game 1 was the worst thing that could have happened to us. I hoped that we had the mental toughness to avoid 2005, but not quite yet.

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Meh. You are overrating their potential. Iverson and Anthony combined for 61 points and Hilario had 13/12. There's not much more you can get from them. The Nuggets are never going to have a bad game and beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

JR Smith was awful, however.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

how the petty have fallen

do we expect Smith to be jettisoned after Karl's comments ('he's done')? If so where will he land.

Alot of us thought they would like him in a Rocket uni as of last offseason. I personally would love to take a flyer on him if the price was right, but, as is so often said, if Gundy's the coach it aint gonna happen.

13. Nuggets4

No, I'm not. You named 3 of our players that played to their potential in that first game. We had 74 points from those three players. We had 21 from everyone else COMBINED. That's not an "A" game.

Nope. He'll be back.

14. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

denver just didnt have the intangibles to win. role players like horry and finley ate them alive

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this is why when the iverson trade happened, and even when the nuggets rolled at the end of the season, i just couldn't buy them as a dark horse in the playoffs. at some point, the playoffs are going to come down to knocking down jumpers, and denver was never going to be able to do that. melo can hit them, but he still has to take such difficult ones they won't be consistent. AI, at the end of the day, is not going to make jumpers, and then they have essentially no one else to rely on for outside shots. i suppose kleiza and jr smith were pretty good on 3's this year and completely disappeared in this series, so they could have helped things, but at the same time, i was for some reason completely unsurprised to see them bricking under the bright light of the playoffs. they don't seem to be good shooters, just shooters who don't suck at 3's (like say rafer), and the playoffs and teams like the spurs tend to expose those guys.

oh well, onto the san antonio/phoenix showdown.

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I don't know why people thought this series would be close.

The games were, but you knew San Antonio would take the Nuggets easily. They had a brain fart in game 1, that's all.

I bet my friend $10 after game 1. I said, Denver doesn't win another game this series.

Easy money. :D