1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redefined, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Alright genius... first of all, Yao has never been below 295 since entering the NBA. Additionally, when Yao first came here (before putting on muscle), he was unable to play 30 minutes without being winded. Finally, why does 295 suddenly make him able to run like a gazzele? Shaq could barely do it, and he's one of the most unique physical freaks to ever play the game.

Yao is a tiresome worker, a fearless competeter, and a great guy... but please stay in reality here. He's a 7'6 giant with tender feet who's going to be a half-court player forever.

2. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Remember you said this when Houston is in the second round

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it was very undeserved. but like you said, there were no candidates, so he got it and we agreed it was the worst mvp ever and we'd never repeat the mistake. but then...

how many more could there have been? lebron going absolutely off 30/7/6 on a 50 win team, kobe going crazy on an overachieving team, dirk probably playing better than this year on a 60 win team, dwade carrying a team that eventually won the title (i know it's a regular season award). PLENTY of good candidates, which made it even more ridiculous to give it to the best player on a 54 win team who no one thought was the best player. they go out in the 2nd round if the seeding is done correctly like now, instead they faced overmatched 6th and 7th seeds. hell, people act like they were the same w/o amare, when in fact they were significantly worse, and now are back to contenders when he comes back. maybe he's pretty important.

yes, which is why it's stupid. we eliminate all but about 2 players just for not being on 60 win teams and then just give it to the best guy on those 2 teams and say he's the mvp and now we have a guy who can't step up winning the mvp over a guy who doesn't play defense or rebound and has as much talent around him as anyone and hasn't been to the finals and who no one thinks impacts the game the most, especially with someone like duncan in the league (switch duncan and nash on the spurs and suns and tell me the duncan suns don't just sweep the nash spurs off the court next round while the duncan spurs may still beat the nash suns in real life).

and yet what talk does duncan get for mvp? none. despite the fact he's easily more important for a title run than nash. the voters got bored with duncan a long time ago, and yet people get mad that they won't give nash a 3rd just b/c he's won 2.

maybe dirk sucking and winning mvp will make voters reevaluate their mvp standards, but probably not.

4. Fiah

Fiah Member

Hey Tmac1 , did you show up in the chatroom last night after the rockets loss? I remember you betting me 10$ that we would win. ;)

5. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I will. I think the Rockets can absolutely win the series if they play well. If they are clicking they can win the championship, I am just worried and surprised that we have played so badly. Can we really go and make a 180 degree turn and just start playing great again??? I hope so.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

1-3 vs suns, 1-3 vs spurs, 2-0 vs pistons, 2-1 vs rocks
    Not much whooping there, the only reason they beat the suns is cuz JRich made record number of 3's.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Check out the 92-93 Rockets vs. Sonics series. Both teams were BIPOLAR on their home and road games, until an epic game 7.

8. francis 4 prez

chuck said it first, then kenny started saying both years and made it more confusing. but chuck definitely thought we were at home down 3-1, which wasn't true.

well that's because we're Clutch City. or at least were.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, that was a Barkley-led series... we went up 3-1 because he has an epic game in game 4 in Seattle, as we win both up there.

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

LMAO @ the donut taste test with Chuck.

11. francis 4 prez

yeah, but some residual clutch city-ness was still hanging around.

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Man, I' am very impressed and happy for all the Warriors fans. They've been loyal to that team even through the low points. If the Rockets played with half the heart os this Warriors team we'd also be up 3-1.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I dislocated my toe in jumping up and down for that game. Only to have the Sonics win in overtime.

14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Also, if the Warriors win the series and the Rockets don't take advantage of the Jazz I' am gonna be really pissed.

15. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Dirk sounded a awful lot like Tracy did in his post-game comments last night. Not the sort of similiarity I ever wanted to hear...

#1495 napalm, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Must have been supplied by Sedalle Threatt.

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

My favorite moment tonight was watching Devin Harris drive haphazardly into the lane, fling his body against someone (Biedrins?), flop madly like he just hit by a bus, and get hit with the offensive foul.

Even if the Warriors had lost, that alone would have made my night.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Man, I love these Warriors. How can one not love to watch this squad play? I appreciate players with heart and the Beard is playing like a stud. ARE YOU WATCHING T-MAC????

Plus they are stomping the Mavs as well. I still have the anger in my heart from driving to Dallas for Game 7 two years ago and watching us get our assess kicked.......

And how can anyone not like Inside the NBA?

I still think the Mavs can win this series, but Dirk will have to grow a pair.

19. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I was like 6 yrs old and didn't even know about basketball.

However, I believe a lot of our problem is mental, and if we would play with some damn heart and energy we would despite poor offensive play, like in game 1 and 2, I though homecourt was overrated, i guess not.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

...playing Golden State.