1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 1: Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by redefined, Apr 22, 2007.

1. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Francis was going to make the playoffs in 2004 regardless of who the hell was coaching the Rockets. But after JVG's first year, he was done for. That's the only way to put it. His numbers declined dramatically that year too. He was fine before that.

In case you don't know...this is a Mavs thread. There's more action here than there is any Mavs forum I know

2. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Lets try to get Stackhouse in free agency this summer

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Totally agree.

I am as frustrated with the Rockets as anyone, and I got really excited watching the Warriors, but DAMN IT this is still the HOUSTON Rockets isn't it!?!? What it seems like is that most of these f*cking so called "Rockets fans" need to be traded. Already calling it quits after 2 losses when the series is EVEN and we have the HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE. What a bunch of damn quitters. If we win this series my biggest wish is that the majority of these weak ass fans don't show their face. Unfortunately they will be the first to say "see I knew they would pull it off" only to jump off the wagon once again after our next loss in the 2nd round.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wow, I never thought about that. When was the last time THAT happened (if it has ever happened). I know it hasn't happened since Magic won his first one.

And as far as Nash goes... I thought his first one was pretty deserved. Team was mediocre before he gets there, and they become contenders overnight. There also was no other desirable candidate for the award... besides Shaq, who didn't play the entire season.

As for his second one, it all had to do with no Stoudamire and the Suns still making the WCF. If Stoudamire plays, and the Suns are status quo, he definitely doesn't get as much hype... but then again, there still were no other viable candidates.

Now this year, Nash has an even better year than last year... but since Stoudamire's back, its expected. And Dirk is the only other clear-cut candidate, and wins the award simply because he's the best player on the best team.

The league needs KG, T-mac, Kobe, and Shaq to be playing for worldbeaters in the worst way... but unfortunately, those teams end up being less stacked than the ones that simply get a bunch of great players. There's still the Spurs and Duncan... probably the last throwback to a 90's-type team.

5. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

the mavs now have 15 losses between the regular season and playoffs, and what 5? 6? of those losses are by the warriors?

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

the warriors look like they just won the nba finals! too bad theres teams like the suns, spurs, rockets, and pistons that play different kinds of basketball that golden state doesn't have all the upper hands against! muahahahaa?

8. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

9. Fuse

Fuse Member

After watching them the past few games, I have to admit how wrong I was in saying we were better than them. I always thought they were a purely offensive team, but the defensive clinic they are putting on playing almost a perfect zone is nuts.

If we could play a zone like that, they we could beat almost 99% of the teams.

On top of that, if T-mac had even half the heart the Baron had, we wouldn't be even looking at game 5 in the series.

Both have health problems, but I would switch T-mac for Baron and Pietrus, if I had the chance, or even T-mac for Baron Straight up.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I'm a rockets fan first, but how can you not love these warriors? Like I said earlier two words describe the series:

"Matchup Hell"

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yao can run up and down the court for sure if he get his weight down to 295 and doesnt post up that much and chase guards around perimeter. More than half of Yao's energy is used up in fighting for post and chasing guards around perimeter.

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I don't think this will go 7, mavs will be lucky to force a game 6, this is just like the Finals, dallas is too much of a p***y team to win in GS or overcome anykind of adversity.

At least this make me feel better about the Rockets, a little.

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

yo have you been recording this series, or know where to get it? this stuff is legendary and i'd pony up to buy a dvd of it.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I have been living vicariously through the Warriors for the past one week.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

which ones been to the finals again?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, Kenny confused him when he said we were down 3-1 both years. Chuck knew something was wrong because his logic wasn't making sense (as usual).

But what Chuck meant to say was that they had a chance to close it out in game 5 IN PHOENIX... and even though they knew they had a game 7 at home, once they lost that game 5... all the doubt started creeping in.

Then again, the Rockets almost blew a 3-1 lead in 97 to the Sonics by dropping game 5 at home... but they still won it in 7.

17. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Warriors have already whooped those teams that you just mentioned and the way they are playing right now, I don't know who can stop them...

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you're an idiot if you think van gundy ruined francis. is this like the albert pujols conspiracy where francis can't play anymore cause he has nightmares about jeff's practices. give me a break.

19. rocketear

rocketear Contributing Member

Go Warriors !!! close them out next next game , Baron Davis is a STUD...actually all their personnels are quite exciting to watch not like ours...Boy do I hate Dallas esp. mark cuban !

20. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I am on record as to saying we would beat Dallas in the second round, I'm not calling it quits, but we have played awful in 4 games, we are talent deficient and coach deficient, and I haven't seen anything to make me think we can turn this around. Utah is dominting us.