1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rotoworld] Aaron Schobel wants to finish career with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by countingcrow, Aug 2, 2010.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No excuse if the Texans don't sign him now. And if the D-line plays as hard as they did today going forward, we're doing damage this year. I was loving it in the stands.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is basically time for the Texans to stand up and pay the extra 2 million.

It is also time for Schobel to realize he could play with a contender within driving distance of his house.

Heck they only need to give him 15 game checks now. Get it done Morey.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

4. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Fixed*

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Cuz I'm a judgmental ass, I consider pacific islander girls the only ones or rare few to AUTHENTICALLY have body markings, have tattoos and wear flowers. It comes across contrived to me seeing American woman trying to pull that look off.

And yes Schobel would look equally authentically BEAUTIFUL in the Texan's lineup

6. msn

msn Member

you don't get the joke. just hang around longer, man. you'll start to catch it.

1 person likes this.
  7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea ... we need to Schobel and not rest on our laurels. The road to the playoffs has to be proactive.

I could see our play diminish next or in the coming weeks. It was a home game vs the colts = a whole lot of adrenaline !

8. Raven

Raven Member

Uncle Bob needs to pick up the phone and get this done. This victory could be the start of a very special season, but we've already lost both our 2009 and 2010 second round picks, and no one knows how well Cushing will play when he returns.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is he REALLY this good?

Rocket River

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

better than some unproven draft pick.

11. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

First off, why is everyone so quick to assume that the issue is money? The guy really may want to be retired.

Secondly, even if he does want to come back, there's no telling what kind of football shape he's in.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I just don't think this is about money.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Someone posted this a few pages back.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7OAzUqlaHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7OAzUqlaHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    He looks big, strong and fast. A double digit sack guy last season so adding him would give us a huge lift assuming he's in shape.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Always about the $$$$.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's right.

And when they say it's not about the $ then it is about the $$.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Does he even want to play at all? It's not my money, but Schobel sure does not seem keen to strap it up anymore.

18. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Link:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/15013/one-vote-no-on-texans-chasing-schobel

19. Raven

Raven Member

I guess that settles it then. Not!

Three words for Uncle Bob.

Get er done!

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I still don't see it happening. We have a track record of not keeping guys on the bench that are one-dimensional (don't play special teams - see R.Colvin), and I just don't know if they'll justify a roster spot and that much money for a third down pass rusher.

The way Antonio Smith looked yesterday, I'd almost rather keep him on the outside on 3rd down anyway. My guess is they just bring Tim Bulman back for depth and roll with that.