1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Pressure no one is trying to win a chip. He needs to develop LMAO pressure?? on the team that won 17 games last season?

#161 Joe Rocket, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  2. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

What a childish reply.

But to treat you with a seriousness you don’t deserve - I don’t work there or have any connections. And I’m well aware that appeals to common decency (and the law) won’t “stick” with people like you who just need a personal justification for their clearly illegal behavior. I’m done with your juvenile “argument” - that is what ignore was made for.

3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

“workarounds”. What a load of BS. If it’s “what you want,” pay for it.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down there bucko, you’re the one getting upset someone copy and pasted some “intellectual” content.
    I didn’t even read it, don’t care to. They aren’t a valid or credible source of information.
    I suggest you stay off the inter webs if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So you have never listened to a song on the internet without paying for it, or downloaded a song and not paid for it?

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Have you watched a PPV without paying for it? How about you come down from that high horse at The Athletic, it’s not needed.

7. HROZ

HROZ Member

I should've said Primary rotation minutes.

Augustin only played when someone was injured.

He was behind Wall PorterJr & Brown(probably Exum too) in the PG rotation on the rockets.

And behind Holiday Forbes at the Bucks.

8. HROZ

HROZ Member

I'm hoping Brooks gets those minutes. But very possible he'll jump in when PorterJr or Wall are injured / need rest.

CVcrew likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

A few reasons.

1. House is being underrated due to the dumb sht he pulled in the bubble and some recency bias from being injured half the year last year. He was out with some mystery back injury for weeks and shot horribly when he got back. Over all he was really bad last year so I get why fans would rather cut him than extend him, much less start him(the horror). Truth is he is the closest thing to a prototypical 3 and d small forward on the entire roster. As a starter he shoots over 40% from 3, which he returned to even last year after the allstar break. For a cheap contract he is a useful player and very tradeable.

2. Green is the future, but some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think he’s just going to plug in and light the league on fire. He is not going to be a net positive player next year, and that’s no knock on him, most rookies aren’t unless they are the generational variety. He averaged 17/4/3 in the g league last year. The last time House was in the g league he put up 20/4/4 and that was three years ago, today he would avg close to 30. Guys like Wall Gordon and Tate are better than Green is going to be next year, and quite possibly even House and Nwaba.

3. Yes I know those players are not part of the future, but no one is advocating Green should get 0 minutes because of them. Green is going to get 20+ mpg off the bat and as he gets better he will earn more playing time and hopefully EARN a starting spot, likely over House. This is not some novel concept, the #1 pick last year, Edwards, came off the bench at the beginning of the year, he ended up averaging 24ppg after the allstar break. The rookie of the year last year, Ball, came off the bench at the beginning of the year. The third best rookie, Halliburton, came off the bench. Seems like coming off the bench did not crush their development. The one top pick that was handed a starting job right away was Wiseman and he played so poorly that they eventually benched him. I wonder what that does to development and confidence. You guys are acting like if you don’t start and get thrown into the deep end with 35mpg from game 1 then we are not developing the rookies, when that’s simply not how the nba works. Having Green, and Sengun along with the rest of the rookies, EARN playing time and starting roles is part of establishing a culture of accountability as opposed to entitlement.

#169 CXbby, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    1 other person, mike2k132 and fattz like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is not the reason anyone thinks he should start. Reread what I said. I said develop him. I didnt say anything about him being better than House. I literally said we're not trying to make the playoffs. Though I dont like House thats NOT the reason why House shouldnt start. I thought that before he did the idiotic things he did. There's no reason to start House over Green when there is a chance that Green could be a superstar someday and House never will be, its stupid. Green averaged 18 points in the G league no one is expecting him to average 30 his first year. One thing I will never get used to on this board is when you tell someone why you think something and they reply with answer saying you said or think something you didnt say. You know what made Harden jump from 6th man to scoring leader? Leading his own team win or lose. Lamelo came off the bench and it was stupid. He didnt learn anything but his coach was an idiot.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw you wrong brother. He kind of gave you facts in his first year. Me personally I start green, but it is guys that suffer for getting thrown in the deep end. I don't believe green is one of them. Now on the the rotation...we stuck in part to stone. He traded for wall after he knew harden didn't wanna be here. So with that mistake we have guys that are not in the timeline if you trying to rebuild. So if it was me I would play most of the vets..i wouldn't start house but would play him alot. Then trade them all

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You said Im wrong then agreed with me lol No Green is not one of those guys. Neither was Melo and his coached looked stupid for bringing him off the bench and he was feeling the heat from people who knew it was dumb. This is a different situation we dont have devonte grahm or terry rozier the guy ahead of him is a **** bag. There's no sense of wasting minutes on House its just gonna piss people off and put SIlas on the hot seat and then when he does start green it will look like its because the fans insisted. Basically you guys are trying to set SIlas up to get killed on Social media and in the press.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This isn't factual...

Augustin missed just 4 games for Milwaukee with niggles. Apart from that he played 20minutes as backup PG (he started when there were inuries) until he was traded here.
    Then in Hou he played 20mpg as backup point (or starter when injuries were about). He missed games when injured (or when tanking? Or for whatever reason).

Fact of the matter is 20npg is rotation minutes, and he didn't rely on injuries in Milwaukee or Hou to get minutes...

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas would struggle with rotation even if he coached the Nets.

15. dmoneybangbang

We are going to go with the vets as starters and try and show off ~$60 million in salary in Wall and Gordon. GARM is going to b*tch about it, but it's going to be the right move. Like I keep saying, hopefully we move at least one or two of Wall/Gordon/Wood by mid season deadline. I'd be surprised if Green starts until at least midseason, barring injury naturally.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Since by all counts it sounds like we're keeping Schroder, I'm trying to imagine what minutes would look like with everybody healthy

Porter (30) / Schroder (18)
    Green (30) / Christopher (18)
    Gordon (28) / Matthews (20)
    Tate (28) / Martin (20)
    Wood (30) / Sengun (18)

I think JC, Bird, and Sengun will bear the brunt of us not moving Gordon or Wood. Nix and Garuba(when he returns) staying in the G-League is good.

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I would prefer to see what Nix could do in The NBA this season.

fattz likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's a very raw 19 year old, we have an inexperienced coach, KPJ trying to learn how to be a PG, Green stumbling around the court, Christopher and Sengun with stupid high turnover rates.

He's been doing great in the G-League and has made huge progress from his previous season with ignite. I'm not sad at least to see him continue to develop with the G-League for the rest of the season.

If we traded EG, didn't get Dennis, sure kick the tires on him, but we have no room baring injury, and honestly, it may be in his best interest as very raw young player to get his confidence up, refine his game with the Vipers, join the team next year when our rookies and coaching staff have their **** a little more together.

No Worries likes this.
  19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I do as well. I think Rockets won't be indifferent towards winning next year. I expect they find a way to get him some minutes in the last 15 games or so.

No Worries likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think JChristopher and Sengun need more minutes; there’s only 26 games left.