1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rotation with this roster 11/21/22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Nov 21, 2022.

1. fattz

fattz Member

How would you use the players we have? Who would you start and bring off the bench. Please add game minutes ie 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. An outline that works with we already have.

Maybe Silas will read this…

2. fattz

fattz Member

Okay I will go first

Garuba / Smith / Martin / Green / Porter
    =>
    -TARI provides whatever is needed much the same role he had in college.
    -Sengun (offense focused on him)
    -Christopher & Washington consistent playing time
    ————
    No one else sees the court

1st quarter
    - starters
    - 8 minutes Sengun, Tari & Christopher or Washington keep the 2 hottest hands.

2nd quarter
    -3 minutes add back starter and Christopher or Washington keeping the hottest hand and PULL foul trouble.
    -5 minutes set anyone that hasn’t
    -8 minutes pick the ones that are going to finish the half.
    - 2 minutes left PULL ALL foul troubled players.

3rd quarter
    - starters
    - 5 minutes Sengun, Tari & Christopher or Washington keep the 2 hot hands.

4th quarter
    -3 minutes add back one starter and Christopher or Washington keeping the hot hands going and PULL foul trouble.
    -5 minutes set anyone that hasn’t
    -8 minutes pick the ones that are going to finish the game. Let them foul out of the game.
    - last 2 minutes finishing the game is always situational

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

240 total mins between 5 players on the floor for 48 minutes .

30 KPJ - play him at guard . No need to play him 36-37 min. Hes not helping us win and we arent even trying to .
    32 - green . I dont think he deserves this many mins , but its clear our ORG strategy is to build him up
    28- tate . play him some at guard backing up and some at "3" with the starters
    30- jabari - definitely hasnt earned 30 min left , but again we are hoping to build him up as a superstar
    30 sengun - lets see if he can give us 30 min a game

20- tari
    20- usman

ill do them together . usman backing up 5/4 and tari backing up 4/3. Insane energy , need MIns to develop rest of their game

20-kmj has played well and plus i want to trade him so let him keep building up mins

there are now 30 min left . The biggest hole so far seems to be guard skills and shooting . I hope Tate ( when he comes back ) can do that

I think JC deserves 15... as much as i am down on NIx , his shooting has been better and if that becomes solid then he can be very valuable.

Kpj / tate / nix
    Green / JC
    Tate / kmj
    Smith / tari
    Sengun / garuba

we gotta trade gordon . Too good to sit ( even when not fully engaged ... ) shows you how "good" the rest of our guys are . Too old to be a part of the future here .

fattz likes this.