1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation Problems

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jboslett, Mar 19, 2008.

1. jboslett

jboslett Member

Where is Head? Where is Brooks? Where is Novak?

There is no operating room for T-Mac so we need to get Novak and Head out there. We need Brooks to get some minutes because let's face it, Rafer doesn't penetrate as well as Brooks does. I mean, it's not like Novak or Brooks have played terribly when they've come in. I can't remember the game but Novak had 11 points and it seemed like he was making 3s effortlessly. As far as Brooks goes, I can't figure out what he did to work himself out of the rotation. BJax has played well at times, but he definitely hasn't done enough to get rid of Brooks' minutes. Lastly, Head has been our most consistent 3 point shooter this year and if we're going to be relying on 3s to win games, I don't see why he isn't out there.

It's so tough to watch T-Mac be the only one doing anything besides standing around, catching the ball, and looking to pass it back to T-Mac. Both New Orleans and Boston shut down our pick and roll offense easily so something has to be done.

Also, before people come in and say Novak plays no defense, I agree with you, but something has to be done to space the floor.

2. juju14

juju14 Member

Did head even play?

3. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Yeah, I agree. I blame the loss of this game on Adelman. Pretty damn ridiculous.

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I agree our regular rotation players have opened up a giant Can of Quit. This thing is going to snowball this week if we don't get some energy out there....LANDRY & BROOKS! And some sharp shooting....NOVAK

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Yep, Adelman adjusted the nets so that the backboards would be inflexible, thus deflecting numerous layup attempts.

It's just that he well...forgot the teams swtich sides at the half. :eek:

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Our defense was keeping us in there. Novak is soooo bad on defense. And it looked like Battier would produce some points. Adelman probably made the wrong decision. But you can't blame him.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Incomprehensible rotations were why I went ballistic on Adelman early in the season. Why in the world won't he make adjustments in the 3rd quarter when it's obvious things are going south? Can someone enlighten me? Am I wrong to think Adelman is very poor at making in-game decisions?

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Yea. The rotation seems to have tightened up. Everyone seems really hesitant to shoot the ball. During the streak McGrady and Alston took up quite a few heavily contested shots, but their confidence was up, and more often than not they were making them. Now it seems like they're hesitant to take even wide open looks, and are instead driving into traffic not even with the intent of making the shot, but only to draw a foul or make a pass that everyone is obvious thats going to be made. They're robotic again. Even if the defense suffers, just seeing a flow of offense from others out there might help our core guys to take the ball up with confidence. Also, it wasn't just one player helped the team get on this win streak. It was a mix and match of rotation players until eventually they found the right chemistry to keep the motion of the game flowing.

I believe last night against the Celtics, the Rockets did get out to a big lead with McGrady and Alston off the floor in the first half. Head and B. Jackson took over and were nailing buckets.

9. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I don't know why RA didn't play Head. He's been playing great recently.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He would have been matched up directly with Bonzi Wells or Peja. That would be brutal.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Considering or not considering the through asskicking Bonzi put on our asses regardless? :confused:

That's one where I think Adelman should've taken a chance. But ah well.

12. jboslett

jboslett Member

^Good point. To get guys like that on the floor I wouldn't have minded going with a little zone. We would really have to keep our eye on Peja but Bonzi won't make you pay against a zone. Of course, a zone isn't going to work terribly well with CP3 slicing through it without any problem.

13. liangqj

liangqj Member

In the lastest games, Rockets' offensive had returned like last season that T-mac handled the ball more than before. We need Head, novak, Brooks get in the rotation. Rafer's attitude also has problem.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

He really hasn't been playing well at all the past couple of games, but I'm seriously tired of seeing them hugging Tmac. I can understand why Head didn't play today after 2 poor shooting games, but he is overusing the starters. Head won't be on a drought forever, he needs to play. Bobby Jackson also needs more minutes. Head's been better at passing the ball lately and I suspect when Landry comes back, we'll be alright.

15. Seven

I agree, Rafer's been dominating the ball too much lately. He needs to understand that unless Tmac is feeling it, things will be extremely difficult for him. He won't get lucky and score 31 every night....

16. rocketshopeful

same complaint people had about JVG last year. I think adelman has time to make adjustments. Hopefully they are made as we approach playoffs.

17. jboslett

jboslett Member

The funny thing to me is that as soon as we started changing up the rotation by introducing Landry and Brooks, especially Landry, things really started to go up. (In the form of a 22 game win streak) I'm not saying Novak would have the same effect but I strongly feel he can be a Kyle Korver like addition to this team. Although Brooks can be a bit shaky, I think he will be money on the pick and roll and although he has struggled a bit, Brooks can hit the 3.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Landry would solve all our problems

19. Seven

I just don't understand how come Adelman isn't using his guys like he did before: Playing the hot hand and trying different players with the rotation.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Brooks! Brooks! Brooks!