1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster move for Francis return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Dec 27, 2001.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

With the Rockets having the max of 15 players on the roster, and with 12 active, someone has to go on IR or be cut tomorrow when Francis returns. Also, Glen Rice may be coming back soon, so that is another looming roster move. Who do you think is on the bubble for the next two activations?

My guess is Langhi gets cut and Brown goes to the IR, in no particular order. Langhi moaned the last time he was on the IR about being traded, so it would be tough to send him back. Collier just came off the IR, and has not played, so I don't see how they can sell to the league that he was reinjured when the Rockets have not even been practicing much. That is, if the league cares.

2. red

red Contributing Member

the league doesnt care who you put on the IR...collier will likely go back there...as for minutes, mooch's minutes should just be cut way back for steve with little to no minutes for TB. as for glen...langli's 2 min will go to him along with what time Tmo has been getting. if Rice keeps producing nothing like usual then Tmo will get some back but i would not like to see OT lose any minutes when rice comes back...

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I think TB Test will hit the IR first. And when Rice comes back, it'll have to be Langhi unless someone else is hurtin'. It'd be pretty drastic to cut someone.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bye, Bye Tierre.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

at the start of the season, before the injury bug hit, tierre brown was on the active roster. langhi and collier were on the IL. dan asked to be on the active roster or be traded. so TMo was put on the IL.

i suspect when steve comes back collier will get a bad cace of "back spasms" and when rice is back Tmo will go to keep dan happy

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

We should put Collier on the IR.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Langhi ,Rice, and Taylor on the DL as usual.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, I say Langhi goes on IR....he is not playing anyway.

DD

9. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Langi to IR
    trade JC to San Fran/Oakland (Golden State for all you geographicaly challenged) for some Rice-a-Roni and $

10. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Collier will probably go back to the IR because Langhi was the first called up and Collier hasnt gotten any playing time.

11. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Brown should go to the IR. It is the least politically sensitive move given Langhi's comments about minutes and playing time.

I really would like to see the uptempo game like the 1st quarter against the Suns. Now we embark on our quest to get out of the hole, the rotation comes to mind. Having review the stats adn looked at practically all the games, I like the following rotation:

C Cato..........28 Willis......20

PF Griffin.......30 Morris... 10 Thomas 8

SF Thomas....25 Williams..13 Torres 10

PG Francis.....33 Moochie..15

SG Mobes... ..33 Torres....15

12. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

i really could care less about upsetting langhi.... maybe we could get him to retire lol

13. red

red Contributing Member

DearRock...francis will be getting limited minutes for the first week he's back...more like 10-15 min for him...

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Collier started the season on the IR with a legitimate injury. I don't think we can assume he's a 13th or 14th man because of that stint. I think he will stay active. My bets are on Brown (not needed with Francis, Norris, Torres and Mobley in the guard spots) and Langhi (another glut with Rice, Williams, Morris, Torres. Plus, he's in the doghouse). Though I could see Langhi forcing the Rockets hand by declaring himself healthy so that he can be on the active roster or cut.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Juan,

If I were Langhi that is exactly what I would do....he has no chance here, let him go elsewhere.

DD

16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Band Geek Mobster

I'm not shocked...Tierre should stay on the active roster just in case Steve were to aggravate that injury...

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So how 'bout that Eduardo Najera lately? He's been tearing it up on the boards and getting points when he's getting minutes. Shame we had to trade him, huh? :D

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would not bet my house that Rudy T. will limit Steve to just 15 minutes. When Steve gets into the game (assuming he does not start) he will be hard to get out. I will be shocked if Steve does not log 30 minutes tonight.

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Any word on the feigned injury to Langhi? My guess is that it is sore gluts from the chairs at Compaq.