1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster Evaluation: What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BoyhoodDream, Dec 27, 2000.

1. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Over-Achievers

Moochie Norris: (7.3 ppg 3.3 apg 2.3 rpg) putting up great numbers in limited minutes. Very reliable when called upon. Has played well, when filling in for Francis.

At-Par

Steve Francis: (18.7 ppg 6.2 apg 6.1 rpg 2.12 spg) Having a pretty good season. Maybe a little less then what we expected, but he's slowly becoming a leader.

Cuttino Mobley: (17.3 ppg 4.2 rpg) I almost wanted to put him in the over achievers list, thinking back to he was a second draft pick. But you know what, he already has our respect, now we expect more out of him. Too many bonehead plays.

Kenny Thomas: (7.3 ppg 5.0 rpg) Considering the limited minutes he's getting, he's doing fairly well. Yet we can expect more from him.

Hakeem Olajuwon: (10.1 ppg 6.6 rpg) Well, it could have gone a lot worse. Got to give Hakeem credit for not being injured and playing big at times. He's had a number of impressive games.

Matt Bullard: (5.3 ppg 2.2 rpg) Doing very well considering his age. Tempted to allow him to join Moochie on Over-Achievers list.

Jason Collier: (5.5 ppg 2.3 rpg) Would like to see more of him. Impressed with work thus far. Get well soon JC!

Carlos Rogers: (3.3ppg 2.7rpg) What do you expect from someone averaging 11 mpg? Has been there everytime we called to him.

Under-Achievers

Maurice Taylor: (11.5 ppg 5.0 rpg) We expected more, alot more. But I haven't given up on him. We've seen a few tantalizing glimpses of the future.

Walt Williams: (9.3 ppg 4.1 rpg) A big frustrating question mark. Can play like an potential All-Star, then at time plays like a himself. At least in Live 2001, he shoots the lights out.

Shandon Anderson: (6.7 ppg 3.9 rpg) Numbers like those has Moochie Norris asking for a big contract. I'm sorry, Anderson is not getting it done, whether it's his fault or the Rockets fault, or nobody's fault. We should look to move him, or do something different.

Kelvin Cato: (2.2 ppg 1.8 rpg) Cato, I hate the word. Like I hate hell and all Jazz players. Numbers have Pig Miller asking for the MAX. Wake up the 6'11" beast.

N/A

Dan Langhi: (2.4 ppg 1.6 rpg) Just haven't seen enough of him.

Pig Miller: See above

------------------

2. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I agree with Moochie, though he has been dissapointing lately. He might be the best backup in the league. I have been very impressed with the play of Kenny Thomas, I might even go as far to say he should be on the overachiever list. He has the best footwork of any big man on our team and is a great rebounder for his size.Bullard I'd agree has been a welcome surprise even though he has cooled down. I would agree on Steve pretty much. I expected him to be at 20-22 per game and he might reach that by seasons end. I think we all expect so much from him that we fail to realize that he is the only player in the league to average 15+ points, 6 asp and 6rpg. Cuttino has done what I expected. For as many boneheaded plays he made, he has made an equal amount of great plays to keep us in games.Collier played ok, and Los' played well even though he's played hardly any.I don't think it's right to judge Shandon by his numbers. He brings all the intangibles to our team. His job is usually to defend the best player on the opposing team night in and night out and I feel he's done his job. He hardly ever gets the ball on offense so were you expecting him to score alot? I disagree on Mo Taylor, I have been very pleased by his play. Starting with the last road trip he has shown the consistency we need from the power forward spot. Look around the league at other players on new teams and you will see that mo is faring as well as any of them. It takes time to fit in with a new team and you see him getting more familiar with his teammates each game.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited December 27, 2000).]

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I think Francis is an underachiever. While his stats are nice, he has not stepped up to lead the team like a true franchise player.
    Mobley is at par, but he has cost the Rockets several games with his fadeaways, missed layups, and crappy defense. Everyone else I pretty much agree with, but I think Mo and Hakeem will be overachievers when lottery time rolls around.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'd consider Steve an overachiver almost. He does everything you could want and has all the intangibles. From my perspective he's been an excellent leader on the floor and one of the best players in the league- we would be in much better shape than we are now if not for his ankle injury. The only real underachievers I think have been Shandon and Walt. Cato can't be considered an underacheiver with this few games, and you know my stance on Mo.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

5. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

C Hakeem Olajuwon - At par
    PF Maurice Taylor - Underachiever
    SF Walt Williams - Underachiever
    SG Shandon Anderson - Underachiever
    PG Steve Francis - Underachiever

SG Cuttino Mobley - At par
    PG Martyn Norris - Overachiver
    C Kelvin Cato - Underachiever
    SF Matt Bullard - Overachiever
    PF Kenny Thomas - Overachiever

PF Carlos Rogers(INJ) - Underachiever
    SF Dan Langhi - Underachiever
    C Jason Collier(INJ) - At par
    PF Anthony Miller - INC

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.