1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster cuts and Waiver claims (Cut: Lechler, Braxton, Prosch, Anderson, DQ, Decoud, , ...)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Aug 31, 2018.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Wish Tyler the best but was never that impressed with his skillset.
    No moves, or wiggle, couldn't brake tackles, and didn't even seem to have that great of acceleration to me.
    Just he was fast in a straight line if allowed to get up to top speed.
    Kinda like the "Lamar Miller" of wr/rb/return men.

Finally (1 last time) remembering back when he was drafted by us in the 4th rd a full round BEFORE Tyreke Hill went to KC. (yes I know TH had off the field issues)
    Ahhhhhh memories!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I always liked the Reader pick (he was very good at Clemson) but unless Fuller stays perpetually injured I think he will go down as the most impactful player from that class.

raining threes likes this.
  4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Oh and I never quite understood how you call a 4.40 guy (Ervin) "blazing".
    Wonder if that even made the top 10 at the combine?

5. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Oh sweet sweet irony.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

With Foreman hopefully coming back, they might feel more comfortable with a KR who can play WR.

7. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

I wouldn't count on Foreman doing anything this year, and maybe not at all for the future. Dude has shown his work ethic by getting out of shape while in recovery. His timeline should have already had him back and ready, but he is pretty far away from contributing as of right now. They still haven't even opened his 21 day window yet. Even if he returns this season, I still wouldn't have any expectations of him accomplishing anything with that injury. This RB group needs to not have a single returning player next season. Needs a complete overhaul.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I jinxed him, right? Funny thing is though, you have to admit, many of our players are made of glass. I'd be curious to see the top 10 most consecutive games played list of our players. It would probably be less than impressive.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This was why Ervin was cut. His knee injury took away from his speed, which was his only real asset.

I don't think we see Foreman until week 15 or 16. I think he can contribute, especially in the passing game - but his impact will certainly be limited some this season.

He was in the top 10 times for RB in 2016, but not overall. 4.31 by Keith Marshall of Georgia was the top RB time, Ervin ran a 4.41.

10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

There is a sports injury expert that is familiar with Foreman's type of injury on another board who says he is not expecting Foreman will play again this season and expressed concerns that he may not be the same when he is ready to go again.
    It would make sense to let him heal completely for next season. Still, if the Texans make the postseason and he is ready, then good and well.
    We will also get a better idea of his status come next draft as well.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

We discussed this in depth on our podcast this week. I could certainly see Foreman not playing this year, at this point we are all just being optimistic. It hasn't even been a year, he tore it on November 19th 2017. I think there is a slim possibility of him maybe being ready by the playoffs - but if he is, he isn't going to be at 100%, not even close. He's a big bruising back that carries a lot of weight - and an achilles greatly hampers lifting during recovery.

Whatever happens, it looks like the Texans are doing the right thing and not rushing him back. He has a real potential to help this team long term, and if rushing him back this season can hurt those chances - then they shouldn't rush him.

raining threes and Wattafan like this.
  12. raining threes

While I agree with what the Texans are doing with Foreman, it's doubtful he will ever be the same again.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ravens signed RB Tyler Ervin to the practice squad. Ervin was waived from Houston last week. He'll settle for a practice squad job after not drawing any league interest. Ervin gives Baltimore some depth as a kick returner.

14. Svpernaut

Not surprising. Harbaugh loves signing ex-Texans on offense, he's been doing it for years because their offense is so similar and he knows the Texans run a tight ship so they aren't signing wildcards.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ikely-consider-trading-jalen-ramsey-offseason

Slowly but surely, through his words and his actions, Ramsey is forcing the Jaguars into considering a blockbuster trade this offseason, league sources tell ESPN.

One league source said he "absolutely" believes the Jaguars will entertain the idea of trading Ramsey, while another NFL general manager said he would not be surprised if that's the route the Jaguars decide to pursue.

Much of this has been brought on by Ramsey, who tweeted last week: "When I'm gone, y'all gone miss me."

Ramsey addressed the tweet this past Thursday, saying it was meant for "fake fans" that haven't stuck with the Jaguars, who have been among the biggest disappointments in the NFL this season. The Jaguars went 10-6, won the AFC South, and reached the conference championship game last season.

But despite getting off to a 3-1 start this season, Jacksonville (3-6) is last in the AFC South thanks to a five-game losing streak.

Ramsey emphasized Thursday that he wants "to play for one team my whole career," but his behavior has caught the attention of his team, according to sources. The outspoken cornerback has made headlines multiple times in recent years because of his brash opinions -- both about himself and opposing players.

As unthinkable as trading away a player of Ramsey's caliber would be, bear in mind that the Giants considered trading Odell Beckham Jr. last offseason before deciding to sign the star receiver to a long-term contract.

Ramsey has next season and a fifth-year option remaining on his contract with the Jaguars, who will either have to make him the highest-paid cornerback in the game or make the decision to move on from him.

#415 J.R., Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

would have to give up a lot

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

David Spade, Kyle Fuller come on down! No more practice squad for you.

18. conquistador#11

injuries were that serious?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hope not but you never know with the Texans.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member