1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rosenthal] Rift between Bo Porter and Jeff Luhnow???

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 29, 2014.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Hmmm, maybe everything you read in the Chronicle isn't put there just to start crap?

Not saying it's a good rag cause it isn't, I just thought it was funny that everyone immediately came to the support of Luhnow and blamed the Chron reporters

Luhnow isn't God folks

2. Major

Major Member

Sure - but the Astros are committed to his strategy. It very well may fail - but in the meantime, everyone needs to be on the same page trying to implement it.

3. The Beard

You are 100% correct on that, no doubt

You better be a "yes" man if you want to work for this team, I agree

4. Major

Major Member

You don't have to be a yes man, but you have to buy into the analytical approach to decision making.

It's like Manny Diaz trying to build a UT defense based on zone principles but the DBs coach only wanting to teach his unit man defense principles. In that case, the DBs coach has to go. When they both stay, you get the not-surprising result of a terrible defense.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Beard

Maybe

Neither of us work for the Astros (at least I don't, I suppose I shouldn't speak for you) so I don't really know how things go down inside the front office. To me Luhnow comes across as a power hungry jerk. Maybe i'm wrong. We have different opinions on this, and that's cool too

6. Major

Major Member

Oh I don't disagree with you - Luhnow may suck as a boss for all we know. But at the end of the day, if you work for him, you ultimately have to do what he asks. You should be able to argue your case and try to change his mind, but once he makes a decision, your job is to execute his plan. That's part of the nature of being employed by someone else. If the manager is not attempting to fulfill the vision of the GM/owner, whoever they may be, they kind of have to be let go. I think that applies to most jobs.

7. The Beard

I agree, I'm just tired of the constant stream of crap that has come from the top of our organization over the past few years. It's bad enough to pay to watch terrible baseball (and yes, before anyone points it out, I know I am not forced to go to the games. But I will continue to do so cause I love the Astros)