1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rosen on Yao, McGrady and JVG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Mar 30, 2006.

1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I did not see this posted and discussed. Interesting comment on Amare, KG, JJ, Morrison.

At least he now thinks Yao is decent. On the otherhand, this gyu absolutely hates JVG. Is uncle Charlie looking for a Head job in the league? :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5445074

You were absolutely correct in your evaluation of Stromile Swift. He's a sometimes player exactly as you suggested. So, since the Rockets are such a mess, what do you think they should do? Keep McGrady? Yao? Van Gundy? Rockets' fans anxiously await your valued comments. — Chien Li.

With all his faults, Yao has to be a keeper — but an impact backup must be signed, one who can play 20 minutes per game. Also, Yao must be complemented with better perimeter shooters, quicker guards and a glass-eating strong forward. In any case, the Rockets would be best-served by tailoring their future to suit Yao's special skills.

I've never been a fan of Van Gundy's mopey-faced excuses and limited vision. Get him out of town ASAP. But what to do with T-Mac is a tougher proposition.

McGrady also needs quicker, better-shooting more ball-creative teammates. Plus, he needs to be involved in an offense that has him moving more without the ball. Put him on the shooting end of catch-and-shoot passes. Work him off weak-side screens. But the biggest consideration is his health.

Just how impaired is his back? Is it a chronic condition that will limit his availability for the foreseeable future? If there's any doubt about his well-being, he should be traded. After all, Orlando and Houston weren't exactly world-beaters when T-Mac was healthy. Besides, McGrady is the only player who could bring anything worth while in return. — Charley Rosen

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I find this guy very irritating, BUT, as much as I hate to admit it, he is usually right in his observations. He is very knowlegeable about the game.

3. ymc

ymc Member

Agree. Would rather have him than JVG as our coach. :cool:

4. choujie

choujie Member

Knowledgable but VERY biasd, In his articles, he only shows the facts in favor of his point of view, ignores the facts against it. When Rox lost a game, he'll write an article point out all the bad things done by Rox players, show how bad JVG and Yao is, then only point out 10% of the good things Rox players have done, makes it sound like he has shown you all the facts.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i don't know how you can say that. he has a lot of knowledge but it comes out as a bunch of bs. he is a total hack.

6. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Although TMac is obyiously a great player and a fine scorer, at this point in his career his major value to the Rockets may be his trade value.

Health or no, he is not a leader and his salary eats up so much cap space that we cannot put the players around Yao that can indeed bring us the Championship. Everyone, it seems, laments the fact that we have no cap space to get other players yet readily admits that without those players we shall never rise to contender status. The circle has to be broken at some point.

We have a chance to have a top 10 pick in the draft, our high second rounder from NY might be very valuable as trait bait since it is non-guaranteed contract for cap-squeezed teams. With a trade with any one or two teams that involved TMac for at least two top-quality players of need, the Rockets could turn this franchise around very quickly.

7. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

He's a genius- Yao is a keeper, Grumpy is grumpy and TMac must be healthy.

He must have checked our record when Yao and TMac both played together healthy.

Really- the biggest concern this team has is TMac.

Do we get the old quick and dominant TMac with spring in his leap-
    or
    Do we get a damaged slower version-

That will determine the future

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Technically, he's a columnist. Everything he writes is opinion and, as a result, biased. I think the guy is an idiot too, but what he is writing isn't intended to be reporting or journalism. It's opinion.

10. lalala902102001

I always call guys like Sam Smith "wanna-be GM".

Charlie Rosen, to me, is your typical old, bitter "wanna-be head coach".

11. solid

Kinda like us! ;)

12. solid

I don't know how I could have said it either! I really don't like him. But, many of the things he has said about the Rockets have proven true. Like, we would be ready to get rid of Swift by Christmas. Nailed it!

13. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

wow, this little blurb might be the most lucid thing rosen has ever had to say, hes just a modern-day muckraker with nothing positive to say about anyone...but is he saying anything in this response that the entire world hasnt been saying since last year?

14. ReOffender

ReOffender Member

I have to say that his observation is quite ture. His comments on JVG & T-Mac/Yao is constructive, too.

15. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Everything comes from Rosen's mouth is BS.

Even with JVG, even with Swift and bunch of scrubs, we can still easily win over 55 games a season if Yao and Tmac can play for whole season.

Lakers cant do it.

16. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

i think we should fire jvg and hire charlie rosen, juz to see what he can do with yao and tmac. :rolleyes:

17. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

"If there's any doubt about his well-being, he should be traded."

Yeah because the Rockets are the only team smart enough to get something for a player that's "damaged." The other NBA teams are certainly in the market for damaged players.

18. crimson_rocket

Rosen is a hater. He's already made full articles bashing Yao and Tmac. Now he's saying they're good? Just an attention seeker.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I think I posted this article a while ago, but I didn't make it it's own thread. It's hilarious just how much disdain you can tell Rosen has for JVG.

I can't really argue with him, though. He's like a pessimistic realist towards us. Yeah, he leaves out a lot of positives, but he doesn't just make up the negatives, either.

20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

Actually he wrote an article about the rockets in november and he couldn't stop praising mcgrady. I thought they had the byline wrong.