1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose is not a super Star. Revoke his MVP now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by noize, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yes, he is the youngest to win the MVP ever.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

CP3 is still the best PG in the NBA!

[​IMG]

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

LMFAO!

This board is too much, I stopped posting in the GARM because of the horrible posting and knee jerk threads and now it's leaking to the Dish?

4. spysta

spysta Member

Oh please, come on man rose led that bulls team to 62 wins he is a superstar and the deserving mvp, its just lebrons championship year nobody is gonna be able to stop it.

But he should've hit that free throw

5. Obito

He'll get some help and he'll win a few championships. He works too hard and is too talented to not settle for anything less.

6. VanityHalfBlack

There was only one man that could lead a team to the promise land unlike Rose..... A.I....

[​IMG]

7. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Every stat says that Rose is a legit, but normal All-Star. LeBron, Wade, Dwight, etc. are all a step above him.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't "the board", just a few morons. Unfortunately, morons are allowed to start threads just like everyone else.

9. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

who cares... rose still a beast and carried that bulls all year long... well deserved MVP...

10. Moleb

Moleb Member

ROTF awesome!

11. t_mac1

although i've been hard on rose, but i was definitely one of his supporters before the start of the season.

this guy will get better. his jumper was his achilles heel in the playoffs. teams played off of him way too much still (mike bibby gave him the rondo treatment) and he still couldn't make his jumper.

but he did expand his range this offseaosn, and i'm sure with his work ethic, he'll continue to improve.

i'm very curious to see how rose and westbrook improve next year. to me, they're both the same type of players but rose is more mature than he is in controlling the pace of the game.

rose has a bright future, and he'll be back deep in the playoffs again.

12. Nook

Nook Member

All of the above does not condone or forgive the fact that he made TERRIBLE decisions at the end of games... and it has become a pattern.

13. PeppermintCandy

This is just the beginning of the journey for guys like Rose, Durant, Westbrook, etc. They're taking their lumps now so that they'll be ready to really take the mantle 3, 4, 5 years down the road. Their time to truly shine will come.

14. jtran

jtran Contributing Member

OP's right. Rose sucks. Morey should be calling CHI right now to offer Dragic + the 23rd pick for him.

1 person likes this.
  15. Obito

Pattern? Really? because he seemed to be clutch in every other game this season except this series.

It's not a coincidence, Leborn and Wade are amazing defenders, they did what they had to do, shut down Rose.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nope, it doesn't.

Does that make him not an MVP though?

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I can pretty much guarantee you that if Rose's career ended today (God forbid since he is so young), he would not be in the HOF despite the MVP award. Yes, every prior MVP has been in the HOF, but keep in mind, every prior MVP were great players over a stretch of many years (btw, I did not verify it, if you can disprove this statement, please do so).

He is 22 years old. He has 15-20 years of basketball left, I think the HOF talk should stop for now.

18. Mr. Space City

rose needs to learn from this and watch the game film of what he did wrong.

he needs to learn how to read defenses when they try to trap him and seal off passing lanes.

ionno what happened with his jumper in the playoffs but it was better during the regular season. he needs to work on that and get it more consistent.

19. t_mac1

rose's weaknesses were glaring in the playoffs.

1) his jumper as you pointed out. and over 50% of those jumpers weren't highly contested b/c his defenders allow him a lot of space to prevent his penetration. he did improve his J from last year, and i expect him to continue to improve.

2) his playmaking. he needs to learn from chris paul A LOT. paul doesn't have a lot of offensive options either, but he learns how to use his playmaking game to open up his offensive game. rose is still in scoring mode pretty much the whole game ala a westbrook, and puts playmaking only when he's doubled/trapped. that's the allen iverson mentality, not the PG mentality. like in game 4, his teammates were rolling offensively and rose just had that tunnel vision.

3) drawing fouls. he got better at it as the season progressed, but for some reason after the first round, he reverted back to "finishing" plays at the rim, rather than trying to draw the foul first and finish the layup/dunk second.

there are others, but those were his 3 main weaknesses in the playoffs. and they were exposed.

20. Nook

Nook Member

#1 He did not just miss one important free throw... he missed an equally important one in game 4, the most important game in the series, at the end in crunch time.

#2 He shot 35% in the series, taking 24 shots a game.

#3 He averaged 4 turnovers a game and only 6 assists.

#4 He shot under 20% in the 4th quarter.

He was TERRIBLE in the playoffs against the Heat... and I do not want to hear it is all because his teammates are not great scorers... or that he was being doubled.... because no one was guarding him when he missed from the line... and his teammates being poor scorers had nothing to do with him throwing the ball away at the end of game 4 and game 5....

He is a superstar, but dude choked, it is that simple. If LeBron played the exact same, people would be ripping him.