1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rose Bowl] Replay Officials Screwed up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jgreen91, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Absolutely. But I will take a seasoned QB under Leach's wing before Brown's. Leach hasn't ever taught a QB more than one year since Oklahoma.

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D excellent

3. Fatty FatBastard

Damnit, you even forgot the way the song goes. Rollin' doesn't come twice before Rawhide. I'll fix it for you.

T-shirt, T-shirt, T-shirt,
    Love San Marcos' leisure
    Yet I'll keep on cheerin'
    For Horns!

For even though I'm knowin'
    I will never be goin'
    Bobcat's keep on blowin'
    Go Horns!

Good Degree? Not me!
    For I know I'll always be
    T-shirt! Rooting for
    Longhorns!!!

I suck!

:p

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i assume you mean the play where the receiver looked like he caught it and then fumbled and got it right back. during the osu/UT game on tbs the next week, tne announcer said he talked with the head of the Big XII officiating and that it was the correct call. something about the defender touching the guy (or not, i can't remember) meant he had to maintain possession all the way through landing on the ground, which he of course didn't.

also, Desert Scar, the ground can cause an imcompletion. you have to control the ball when you land on the ground. simply having your butt hit a split second before your shoulders doesn't qualify as having possession and being down and then your shoulders count as the ground causing a fumble. you have to maintain control (which i didn't know when it happened) while you're landing or it doesn't count. i'm not sure i think it's completely fair because clean catches shouldn't require you to smash into the ground and still hold onto it IMO, but whatever.

5. Fatty FatBastard

No. I'm talking about that weird play during the Tech game where the ut's player's knee landed on another guy's back/thigh, rather than the ground. The whistle never blew, and he fumbled the ball. The ref's deemed it was a fumble. The replays showed that his knees never touched the ground. How they overturned it dictates NCAA Jordanesque rules, because the commentators, along with anyone watching that game, was dumbfounded.

That said, Tech would've and should've won the game had Leach not turned into a p***y in the 4th. Once again, when you try to protect a lead, you are doomed to fail. I loathe when teams do that. For that alone, I'll give ut credit for winning.

It just seemed like I was watching a Rox-Bulls game again.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so mccoy is just that insanely talented and it has little to do with coaching? I mean he is only getting ready to break the freshman TD record for QBs. ...sorry but mccoy and the coaching staff have done a superb job this year with his development.

I swear mack must be the single most underrated big name coach in the NCAA. he has grown a ton since he has been at UT but no one really seems to recognize that.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Unless I'm thinking of a completely different game, they didn't overturn that call.

8. Fatty FatBastard

Not to be an idiot, but you're more than welcome to join us out tomorrow night, if you want. It'll be in middy, of course.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I may. Had a very good talk with the brother tonight and I definitely have some things to take care of in my life. Taking the easy way out and starting Monday has always been my thing. I'm hoping I can turn over a new leaf right now.

But, like I said, I may. Thanks for the offer, bro. :)

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Exactly...here you have a redshirt freshman who played 2A football in high school, not only did he break the UT touchdown record, he's fixin to break the NCAA record.

In 9 seasons at UT, Mack has 2 QBs starting in the NFL (Simms is injured though) and 1 QB as the offensive coordinator at Rice.

11. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

&*&@$#&*(#$@ **** YOU SOUTH CAROLINA...

Make sure your extra points and field goals DO NOT get blocked.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Why does it matter?

14. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

-----geeimsobored's (awesome) quote-------

---------your head-----------