1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rose Bowl] Replay Officials Screwed up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jgreen91, Nov 10, 2006.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

nice...

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

who in college athletics does not cheat?

Everybody cheats.

Maybe they haven't been caught. Maybe they have, but it was insigificant.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Personally, I hope jgreen91 is not bigtexxx. Unlike most people here, I actually liked bigtexxx.

:D

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I agree. Even though bigtexxx could be a d******d, I liked him.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'm not sure why cheating is being brought up in this thread, there is no mention of cheating in the article, just that there was some mix ups on feeds and camera angles.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

and there were no blown calls that favored USC? just asking...

i don't think texas made any key stops on defense that effected the game either. :rolleyes:

texas won and i think the teams were pretty evenly matched. bottom line...texas had the best player on the field. USC could NOT stop VY like texas stopped USC in the 4th.

get over it.

7. Buck Turgidson

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    jgreen's redass is swollen
    "Your Rose Bowl win was stolen"
    Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'
    Douchebag!
    Move it on, give it up,
    Give it up, move on out,
    Move on out, head on (to Reggie's Mom's) home, Douchebag!

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah it really tears me up that illegal benefits bush was trying to lateral and screwed it up but could have gotten out of it on a technicality but didn't. i sometimes can't sleep at night.

i guess i'll just have to let the final score comfort me.

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was gonna let the the pre-game intro video at DKR where Mack hoists the trophy be my comfort. But, to each his own.

If USC had ruled Reggie Bush ineligible for being a cheating fraud, and let Lendale White (who 4th and 2 aside was running great) take more of the carries, they may have won.

This version of revisionist history is just hilarious.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I knew you'd come crawling back, texxx. It was only a matter of time.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

God I love this place.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

madmax made mention of USC/Bush fiasco.

But usually, somebody will start to bring up academic standards, and behavior issues of players.

13. Glish21

Glish21 Member

I definately am not a Texas fan (A&M student), but Texas won the National Championsip. USC was overhyped and Texas cleary proved that by beating them. That article definately seems like sour grapes to me.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think OJ is guilty.

15. Fatty FatBastard

Calls going in favor of ut are par for the course. They replayed a fumble which was deemed a fumble and correctly shown and commentated on during the replay during the Tech game, yet the play was deemed dead because apparently the refs saw something nobody outside of Austin saw.

And notice I didn't whine about it. ut and the t's need to just shut up and enjoy the Jordanesque calls y'all have been getting lately.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Sounds like you're whining about it right now Fatty and exactly what should we shut up about?

To me, you should be more worried about not even scoring a TD against Colorado rather than us. :D

#36 gucci888, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think it was 2nd quarter and when Texas was up like 16-7 and rolling. This non-call, non-review, allowed SC to maintain a drive that ended the half and tacking a FG. The play was an INT, Kelson caught the ball, butt hit the ground (still had it) and it only popped out once his upper torso later hit the ground. Instead of Texas probably ending like 23-7 at the half, it was 16-10 and SC could stick to their mix it up game plan. This was a much more significant non call in SC favor than the VY knee down play which would have at worst lead to a 1st and 10 at about the 11 yard line with Texas offense starting to roll, and if the scored they wouldn't have had to rush the XP.

Except this overlooks the atrocious non-INT call by Kelson. Overlooks numerous holds by SC TEs on key 3rd quarter drives. And a bunch of fumbles (some lost, others just killed drives), special teams bluners, penalties, and a stopped 4th and 1.

SC showed no more ability to stop Texas than vice versa. They were very evenly matched teams and Texas just got the ball last. I would object if someone said SC would win 6 or 7 out of 10 (simply because they were more experienced), but any other interpretation is disengenoius.

18. Fatty FatBastard

No, had I wanted to whine about it, I would've done it in that thread.

It was a simple article that he posted and y'all all jumped in and called him several stupid things, as always. I simply called y'all on it for behaving exactly the same way.

And we began the season awfully. I noticed it at UTEP. But we caught our stride. It's the first time Leach hasn't used a senior QB to start the season, and it showed.

Two positives for Tech:

1) We are still bowl-eligible this year.

2) Harrell will only be a sohomore next year.

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

1) So is UT.

2) So will Colt McCoy.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Untrue. Everybody in college athletics does not recieve millions of dollars of benefits from agents.

The point, is that if jgreen91 wants to go back and live in a perfect world with perfect calls and perfect rules interpretations, then Reggie Bush is ineligible and and USC forfeits all their games last year - which has historically been the NCAA remedy for teams using ineligible players.

Don't bring up changing the past to be "legal" if you're not prepared to accept the consequences.