1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose = best closer in the game?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The CDN Dream, Apr 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213276/Noah_Rose_League’s_Best_Closer

I know some people dont like this site but this is where i first heard it

I partially agree with what they are saying.. Rose CAN take over games.
    But from player polls that keep coming out, its always having players picking Kobe.

So i think Noah is wrong with "everybody knows it"

What do u guys think?

Side Rant: I dont like when players talk trash or things like this unless they themselves are involved or can back it up. Noah calling garnett ugly (lol) and things like this make me not like him even more. If Rose said this i wouldnt mind but Noah has no credentials except being a good defender and hustle player

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

He is doing all of this in the 1st round against the under .500 Pacers. If he continues doing this when thy face some of the teams that are expected to challenge the Bulls then I think he might be.

It's great to see him take over against Indy but you can also argue as the best team in the NBA they shouldn't even be struggling with a team that was under .500 for the whole season.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he has done it multiple times in the season against elite teams too

4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I'm not saying that hes not a good closer... hes great. But i feel that Kobe still has that respect in the league and rose has not snatched it sway as noah states

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm not saying he hasn't.

But I think the legacy of best closer or best anything is going to be determined on how you perform late in the playoffs against those other elite teams.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

7. vlaurelio

okay.. yeah if it's best closer of the whole year (season + playoffs) its too early to tell..

I was thinking just like how the mvp award was for the season and not the playoffs..

8. what

what Member

I'm not big on rose or the bulls way of playing basketball. All it is is hero worshiping/building. There is absolutely zero chance that the bulls will beat the celtics in a series because rose doesn't know anything but his own shot and number.

The idea that a guy can be extra human is bs, when you get 40 shots a game you tend to score a little.

9. Mr. Space City

:cool:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LBjPsAobzro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E1YjOERSyjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. vlaurelio

you act like you never seen 3 defenders surround rose in the final minute of a close game and rose passes to an open luol deng or kyle korver for the 3

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's noah, he's always going to exaggerate some when talking about his team or teammates...

That being said, Rose is really good closing because he's basically unstoppable off the dribble, unless you throw 3 guys at him, sometimes 4. However, he's going to need more than a season and half a first round series to surpass Kobe in that category.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, he's going to need to miss a lot more game-winning/crunch time shots before i start putting him on kobe's level.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

rose has been extremely impressive in the clutch this year all year.

westbrook and melo are up there too i believe this season and in the playoffs so far.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I would still say Kobe as the best finisher...then brick shooting Melo...then Wade...then Pierce