1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Houston to make Rockets debut on Monday (11/17/2014)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So, if I have Comcast,do I no longer get rockets games?

2. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Anyone know if it will be available on TWC(time warner cable) and even more so in my area the rio grande valley

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Read the article, nvm

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not likely till they merge with Comcast... and even then, not likely to ever be available in the RGV outside of league pass.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

According to Nba.com's LP page, some zip codes in RGV come up as Spurs and Rockets home territory.

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet that is still too much!

7. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Will I be able so see it with dish?

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It won't be blackout big timer. You will be able to see this game on NBATV.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That's cool and all that the majority of the city will get to see the games, but I'm really gonna miss CSN.

10. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Dish doesn't have my locals here in NY, MSG, SNY and YES, so no Knicks, Nets, Yankees, and Mets.

I know nothing about ROOT sports, but hopefully it's good enough, cause H-Town deserves to see the rockets and astros.

I have DirecTV. I had Dish, changed when they dropped SNY and MSG, kinda ridiculous when one of the top markets in the Nation doesn't have the local RSN's.

I don't care what people say, Dish is only cheaper by a few bucks now. When I had them I paid the same I pay with DirecTV, without HD. I get free upgrades every 2 yrs, NFLST, NBALP, etc... Dish is garbage to me. I will never go back to them.

As for Comcast, not in my area, we are dominated by Time Warner Cable. I hope once the DirecTV/AT&T merger goes through, they get U-Verse here, cause I am sick of my internet.

But on topic, glad everyone(most everyone) will see the Rockets starting Monday.

I'll open it up anyone wanting to switch to DirecTV, message me, I will give my customer ID, get $100 bucks off each.

Anyway, great start, lets get them tonight in Mexico City. GO ROCKETS!!!!!

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

No. Dish has no plans to add the channel.

12. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

For those of you that are disappointed about all this because you had access to Comcast and 95% of Rockets fans didn't. I have one thing to say to you. ***** you snobby selfish bastards. Today is a great day to be a Rockets fan. Thank you directv and good riddance Comcast Sports network.

1 person likes this.
  13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You know, its perfectly fine to have both opinions without being an ass.

14. rocketsmetalspd

No, it will be down here in the RGV on direct tv. The Rockets games were shown down here on FOX Sports(Mostly home games) when the Rockets became affiliated with the Vipers. This year on NBA League Pass when the games were on the free week preview all of the Rockets games on NBAtv and League Pass were blacked out for the RGV. That means RGV is considered regional to Houston like SA Spurs are also considered regional to the RGV and you can see all the Spurs games still on Fox Sports. Can't wait for Monday.

15. Bob

Bob Member

My Houston Rockets are not garbage.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Go watch p*rn. This leila rahema chick isn't worth the rockets not being on tv

17. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

Anybody got any ideas on how to get out of the dish contract i have a year and a half left on?

18. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Correct, it's what I said earlier.

19. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

I have a ballstreams.com acct and league pass. Bottom line is watching games on a TV feed rather than an online stream is a million times more crisp and never locks up. League Pass > Ballstreams

20. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Just get League Pass. Problem solved, unless they consider Rio Grande Valley to be a Rockets viewing area because of the Vipers. If so then I'd consider getting Directv.