1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Houston to make Rockets debut on Monday (11/17/2014)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Yeah it's only one game so it's not a huge deal (except for the fact I can't record the game to make highlights), but I'm a paying customer and I expect to get what I paid for. They haven't been thinking clearly over there for years though so I'm not surprised. I think I will hit up a bar. Thanks man.

2. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I've been burned too many times to believe this until it happens... But, now that I've just paid for ballstreams, I'm sure dish will pick it up.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Yes you will. You will be there once they spend that extra money they are getting on Hanley Ramirez and another top half of the rotation starter. You aren't fooling anybody..

1 person likes this.
  4. Houston79Astro

I have lived west of Dallas for two years now. I have DirecTV and am willing to pay for the sports package to watch them. The only problem is that for the last two years I have tried the league pass, but the games are always blacked out because I'm still in the "regional area". I'm afraid to try to get the sports package and not receive the games and then turn around and buy league pass and still have the same old problems.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

TV league pass or broadband? If broadband, you have some routing issues with your traffic. Anywhere near the DFW metroplex is definitely not a Houston Rockets market and the games should not be blacked out unless they happen to play the Mavs in which case you'd tune in to FSSW

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That's odd. If you're really that close to Dallas I don't get how that area isn't considered Mavs' territory. Do Mavericks games come on your FSSW channel?

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]
    For true fans, like myself, this is a truly jubilant time. I am a lifelong Rockets (and astros, sigh) fan that has been unable to watch my teams. Now they are BACK!!! Instead of a communal outpouring of relief and joy and team pride, we are bombarded with childish comments like yours. Let us enjoy the moment. Sure, your non-game programming might have taken a hit, but this is sports. Not politics, not comedy hour, it's ALL about the game. Sorry that some of you have a crush on some lady who is an 8 at best. Lucky for you we all have the internet, where we can watch girls hotter than that doing whatever we want to watch them do. I feel like most of you are just whining because you can see how much it pisses people off to hear how entitled and spoiled you are. Fine, this is the internet and children do run rampant on the internet. That being said, I suggest you all go take a good long look at yourself in the mirror. For the first time in years, we have a great team that the whole city can rally around! THIS IS ZIOOOOONNNN!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Houston79Astro

That is what I have thought for two years, but I have had to use a VPN on my phone to watch games with league pass. I would love to be able to sit on my couch watching my tv this year. Also the mavs do come on fssw which I think is free. God I hate west Texas.

10. Houston79Astro

I'm three hours away in Abilene, which I believe is still mavs area. I also believe I get the spurs as well... Of course both are free.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

12. Scionxa

You never answered my question. Your previous post indicates you were using league pass broadband. Purchase league pass through your cable/satellite provider. It won't be blacked out. The location information is at your cable/satellite system's headend, so it can't be blacked out.

13. Scionxa

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hop in that persian poon but you're right, she's an 8, she kinda sounds like a dude , and the games are way more important lol. :cool:

Leila has an Instagram guys. You can see her there.

14. Houston79Astro

Then you sir just answered my question. Thank you very much. Looks like I'm getting league pass tv.

15. Scionxa

Sure thing, if you order today they usually can put it on instantly. If you have DirecTV, league pass on TV is amazing. You get both home/away broadcasts and HD.

Hope it all works out for you.

16. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

League Pass is $199: Watch every game whenever.......Sports Pack $13.99 per month=$167.88: Get to watch no actual game time for professional teams.....Save your money and just get League Pass for $30 more. It's worth it. There's nothing like watching the Mavs or Spurs get hammered on nights the Rockets don't play.

17. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Even if you pay for RTSW from North Carolina the Rockets games will NOT be available on that channel since it's out of the Houston broadcast area. Only way to get the games outside of the Houston area is with NBA League Pass. Within the 100 mile radius of downtown (or whatever the distance is) you don't have to have League Pass, the games will be on RTSW.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

To anyone who is unhappy.. Seriously? I would sacrifice a lot of **** for the whole city to finally be able to watch the Rockets.

Also, I can't believe anyone still buys League Pass. Ballstreams.com people

19. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

you can always let me use your ballstreams account if you dont use it :)

20. today

today Contributing Member

Still no channel numbers? They must know that I would turn the channel on and hit refresh over and over and over until Monday night ;)