1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rookie question: Thread rating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacuzzi, Feb 23, 2009.

1. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

How to decide the thread rating? Who does it?
    Pardon me, Im a rookie.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If you were a rookie you wouldn't be able to start a thread.

Other posters can vote on the quality of you thread by selecting from a pulldown menu.

And a bit of friendly advice, this particular forum's just for discussion of Rockets games and trades. If you have questions like this in the future you should probably try one of the other forums. For instance, it's only a matter of time before this thread gets moved.

3. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

Thanks a lot.

Some one please remove this thread

4. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Technically, I vote based on the quality of the original post even if I don't agree with it. However, if the thread gets derailed by some scumbags then I might change the ranking (but I hardly ever do that unless the OP is involved). So basically, I vote based on whether it was a worthy thread to start based on the original post.

Unfortunately, people vote on whether they agree on the statement or some other silly things. For example, R2K post videos but since the Rockets lost to the Pacers people gave him one star. Another example, someone posted about Rafer being traded to the Magic...I gave it five stars because someone posted that info here for us to see when we wondering who got traded. Most people didn't agree with the thread and gave it one star. Therefore, the stars do not mean much.

In summary, a well thought out post even if you don't agree with it should be five stars. It foments discussion which is what this board is all about.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I rarely vote in thread ratings. Only sometimes. They aren't useful to me because some people spam and rate threads "one-star" because they disagree, even though the person has a well-though first post.

6. sky1

sky1 Member

I am also a rookie, but i am active in the forum to discussion the rox and trade. I want to become and reply the post of thread about the upgrade a rookie . several day passed I am still a rookie, I just wait one day I will be a member here and could start new thread. I also will pariticipate the discussion and reply the post :p ....

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong forum...1 star.

DD

8. jsmee2000

That's just cruel...Why don't you try educating next time.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

JS, it was meant as a joke...it was already explained elsewhere...come on man...where is your sense of humor?

DD

10. jsmee2000

Mine was meant as a joke too! :p
    Check what I did to your sig!

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

haha, I love the irony DD.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Poor thought process, logic, maturity, etc in the original post: 1 or 2 stars.
    ex. (following a bad game) Yao sucks! We need to trade this loser!

Thread goes way off course with posters calling each other names rather than debating: 1 or 2 stars.

If you read the original and/or subsequent posts and are impressed by the intelligence and insightfullness ("I never though about that!), give it a 4 or 5 star.

If it's just an average run of the mill thread: 3 star.

Evan

13. JayRow

JayRow Member

I think you're a member ;)