1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. delishman

delishman Member

WELCOME back.. PLOW. J.R. is happy to have you return.

2. Sanity2disChaos

I've said this a few times.. Thank you. You have to know the game and the bigger picture.

If you can get rondo and not bet the farm, then you do it...period.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Who cares if there's an agenda? Some of you are deluded if you think Morey is interested in Rondo. Sure, he might fit well on certain teams, but the Rockets is not one of them.

Since we do agree that Rondo won't sign for the money we could offer, anyway, then "Rondo to Houston?" is moot.

He might have a chore finding a team with a coach who'll put up with his bulls*** and a GM with the money he wants. Would he fit in the triangle? God knows. But he won't fit here.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Uh, Beavis.. huh-huh.. didn't Morey like try to like get Rondo 4 months ago? I can't remember.. what like changed?

[​IMG]

Carlisle is an *******, what did you expect from his player that has balls the size of your fist?

"p*****s don't like dicks because p*****s get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes. Assholes that just want to **** on everything. p*****s may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** a ******* is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate. And it takes a p***y to show them that. But sometimes p*****s can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves. Because p*****s are a inch and half away from assholes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this. If you don't let us **** this ******* we're going to have our dicks and p*****s all covered in ****." -Team America

#164 don grahamleone, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  5. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

AMERICA, F-YEAH!

6. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Rondo doesnt fit here. Sorry Plowman, youre wrong

7. The Glide

The Glide Member

Yuck. I don't see it. People complain about Rubio, but Rondo would be much worse. (Plus, would we even be able to give him a competitive offer?)

8. delishman

delishman Member

Go ahead and reeeel' that back in. You'd think Rondo went Delonte on your Mom with the passion pit speech right there.

The off-season is fluid as witnessed by the Chris Bosh hokey pokey last off-season. Clearly, Morey is not in love with Rondo as he has never completed a trade for him. Clearly, there is some interest as he has been involved in trade talks at multiple points for him. He has seemingly always been willing to buy-low on him. His most real opportunity to do that will be this off season.

I wouldn't consider it likely but if the off-season gets messy, it's not like to should catch anyone off-guard either.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Awfully bold. Internet warrior. And I thought McHale's Navy was crazed.

Probably why Clutch never organizes Clutchfan get-togethers.

Whether or not Morey went after Rondo is highly debatable. A year and a half ago it was all the rage that we might be after him. If so, Morey didn't want to pay much.

Anything reported after that should be taken with a grain of salt. Often reporters putting the Rockets and Rondo together because they have little else to do.

Maybe "Morey sent Rondo a bouquet of roses as thanks for helping the Mavs implode" would be more accurate.

Most of the "Rockets after Rondo" bits are from those who want it to happen. Which is inexplicable. He's an awful fit, a locker room cancer that many coaches would not want to deal with (and those that would put up with him are coaches he would wind up disrespecting), we can't pay him what he thinks he's worth, we're trying to get Llull to sign....

I mean, everyone here did watch the first round, right? You think McHale can handle that dude?

Tell me again why you think Rondo is a realistic target?

Aren't you another of the basketballholic accounts? How many do you have, anyway?

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

1st clutcFans reunion I'm tossin these hands with bballholic you can take that to da bank pleyuh (unless he isn't white or is bigger than me) then Ima mix it up with dadakota run and tell that

11. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

So, wait....are you saying it's going down????

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Entertaining to see the popular opinion is that Rondo was the sole reason Mavs 'imploded'. I feel that Houston was just the better team and wont hang L's on one guy, who at times seemed like the only one trying out there for Dallas.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No, no, no, to Rondo on the Rockets. I wasn't always against it, but after watching how he "meshed" with the Mavs (and I am just talking regular season, forget the playoffs), I just didn't like the fit.

A Bev/Llull combo would be the right mix of offense and defense. Llull gives you the playmaker and Bev gives you the defense and spot 3 point shooting.

Don't like Rondo "off the ball" offensively when Harden is doing his thing.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

NO to Rondo don't think he fits here at all.

15. delishman

delishman Member

Dude.. you are the one coming off crazed. The Rondo Gang are people too. No one knows how much Morey liked or didn't like Rondo besides Morey, the Front Office and Plowman ;). It is almost guaranteed he has at some point, perhaps multiple, has put in at least a lowball bid. Woj even noted as much- that's as much substance as you'll get in basketball journalism in 2015. It's okay to debate his value in HTown but silly to let it get you this off-kilter.

I never disagreed that I wasn't, in fact, BBhollic. In fact, I assert it. In order to protect my anonymity, Clutch has been given access codes to my insider network hosted on the Silk Road. I'm not saying I know people but I will say.. I know of people who have known people. It is sort of like Adam Sandler and Chris Farley's exchange regarding Ms. Vaughn.

16. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rondo has never done anything good to anyone offense while leading it.

17. baubo

baubo Member

According to Bill Simmons, who should be trusted when it comes to Celtics info, Morey never made a legit offer and was the rumors were just to get Dallas to up their bid. I think he'd have taken Rondo for basically free, but not for any legitimate picks or prospects.

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Art thou enraged, brethren?

19. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

Rondo is going to Los Angeles, why does this thread even exist?

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The mavs didn't really implode per se, they were a 7/8 seed looking at an early 1st round exit, Rondo didn't change that, but when he was on court he made them worse.

Do people remember how we played Rondo when Bev was still healthy? Harden sat 6 feet off him and just backpeddled almost to the rim if he drove, there's no "setting guys up" when their defender literally defends from a help position.

It's the threat of shooting that creates the overlap