1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Looking at our team, we have so many great finishers, but are sorely lacking in playmaking. If you have the ability to sign Rondo to a cheap and short - term deal without giving any real assets up, you have to at least explore that option.

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Exactly my thinking.. Like I previously said, the entire team and coaching staff would have to be on board. It can't be one of those signings that is a shocker. Morey would have to meet with everyone and ask if he can go and do the transaction.

3. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Smoove and Rondo are Best Friends, he would be the peacemaker in this hypothetical haha

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

If he wants to come here then I'm actually convinced that he can help. The question for me was never if he was good or not, it was "will he be happy where he's at?".

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Teams would just double Harden forcing Rondo to shoot which would be an absolute nightmare. The thought of Rondo on this team. . Yuck

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Or drive to the basket which he excels at... When he drives, he either finishes or creates an open look for someone else... If we can get everyone on the team moving without the ball and let Rondo create, we're championship contenders in my opinion..

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Worked great for the Mavs last year....

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Offense would change with Rondo. Rockets won't have him standing idle at the three point line while Harden is playing one on one all game.

9. newAge_Rockets

This is such a made up rumor. Morey is not an idiot, guys. He knows that signing a ball dominant point guard that can't shoot is not the option that takes us to the next level or pleases The Beard.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Highly doubt Morey goes after yet another poor free throw shooter. This team already sucks at free throws, and to have 3 heavy minute players shoot under 60% free the FT line probably isnt the best way to go.

11. SunsRocketsfan

NOOOOOOOOOO

F;$(&(@:mad:/$ Rondo

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some ESPN whomever mentions us and Rondo, probably because he or she knows we need a point guard, and then....this thread.

Rondo melted down against the Mavs. All he did last season was kill their chemistry. Right or wrong, he's a selfish jerkoff who puts himself above the team, and he'll want more than we could pay him anyway.

Why is he being discussed seriously as a potential Rocket?

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I blame that on chemistry. We didn't see the true Rondo last year. He clearly didn't want to be in Dallas. Carlisle didn't let him play in the way that he is used to. If you let Rondo play freely, you'll see the top 10 PG again.

Rajon Rondo is very misunderstood. Kind of reminds me of how Kevin Love is. People write him off as selfish, when he's not, he's just a mega introvert.

Also, don't disregard his relationship with Jason Terry. They played together in Boston. Jet could provide an insight to our guys on the type of person Rondo is on and off the court.

Obviously the rumors about Houston's interest in him is just speculation. Honestly, I don't even remember hearing about it on ESPN since the trade deadline. Like I said, could be a play by Bill Duffy to generate interest from Morey because Rondo truly wants to be here or it's all a bunch of crap and he'll sign wherever the money takes him.

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Getting a player who:

1. has been on the decline
    2. has a horrible attitude...What if Mchale calls a play and Rondo ignores him....oh wait....
    3. does not fit w/ the current roster or system
    4. can't shoot threes

Nah, I'll pass.

I can see the Rondo experiment failing badly and rapidly before my eyes.

15. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Agree with everything but #2. "McHale calls a play"

16. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol exactly my thoughts. I'll take rondos play over Mchale

17. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^
    Ridiculous.

Rondo is the very definition of a has been, locker room cancer.
    McHale, meanwhile, is creepin' on ah come up.

RondNO.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i will take Rondo if we get Love

Dwight
    Love
    Ariza
    Harden
    Rondo

Actually not bad

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Let's see:
    1) Needs the ball in his hands to be at all effective on offense.
    2) Attitude/Chemistry Problems.
    3) Will command a big salary.
    4) Plays arguably the deepest position in the league.

No way. If he were willing to take a small contract and come off the bench, I'd love to have him playing 20 minutes a game. But I doubt he'll accept that.

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

For the veteran's minimum and just a 1 yr deal, i think Morey would do it.