1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be fooled by that routine in Dallas ....totally different situation....and different Rondo because of it....much more in the tank than many think.

This is a guy with EXCELLENT vision (who is a great passer), that can penetrate/get the ball to James in SPACE .....Get Dwight or DMo the ball at that precise moment when they have their defender pinned down on the blocks...AND..while RR might not be the defensive beast that he was, he's still a helluva force on that end...especially with a great defensive big behind him.(and a player like Ariza on the court with him)

Waaaaay too much is being made of his outside shooting/free throws ....

The folks that are fockassed on that aren't getting the big picture ...With Rajon, this team will have a cohesive flow and we can better take advantage of our strengths at both ends. Plus, he's a leader....this team needs one that's playoff hardened.

So, basically, while so many think we need a PG that can stick the three, blah, blah, blah......I see Rondo as the ideal guy. He's a unique player that transcends all that.

2 people like this.
  2. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I prefer Rubio to Rondo.

3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

No to Rubio
    No to Rondo
    No to Llull

All scrubs

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I keep going back and forth on this, but after seeing the resurrection of JSmoove, I'm confident in the ability of this locker room to get rondo to buy in.

A pretty cool scenario would be a sign and trade for Rondo for a two year, MLE level deal with a player option on year two. Rondo would be motivated to play his ass off to cash out in the 2016 free agency frenzy. More importantly, we'd have his full bird rights. And his cap hold would be only $8 million.

You could wait to re sign Rondo and DMo while diving in the 2016 free agency pool. Imagine convincing Gasol, Love, Horford, or Durant to sign on. you could potentially trot out a lineup of

Howard
    DMo
    Durant
    Harden
    Rondo

Obviously very unlikely, but crazier things have happened.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yoooo that lineup is sick.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I prefer beverley to be honest

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Get rid of the awful player at PG and that lineup would be awesome.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol what has Rubio done?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not been a head case. That makes him superior to Rondo. Of course that says almost nothing, Rubio is awful too.

10. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Durant is not coming here give up the damn pipe dream

11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I may be wrong, but since Bev's salary would most likely be around $5 million (500% of his 2015 salary), with a sign and trade, he'd be a Base Year Contract, which makes it a bit more difficult to trade him. I think Prigs + Bev for Rondo, where both Bev And Rondo makes $5-6 million, would work despite the BYC constraints.

However, I'm not sure if you can include multiple players in a sign and trade. If not, Prigs, KPap, and the Denver 2nd (for Dallas' trouble) for Rondo could work as well. Question is if Cuban would expose himself to a scenario like the one I mentioned in my post above
    (Rondo on low cap hold, sign max 2016 FA, then re-sign Rondo and DMo)

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I would welcome Rondo if the price is right.

13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Oh yeah it's really unlikely, but the key is that if Durant or any other max FA shows interest in coming here (which isn't unreasonable considering the team and talent that they would get to play with), we have the ability to make it happen.

Plus it's the offseason, tf else are we gonna talk about haha

14. rockets13champs

Lakers are letting Jordan Hill walk i want this dude to come off the bench he is gonna be a great backup behind dwight

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is like asking Delisman to Houston?

16. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Can already imagine the Dwight and Rondo locker room fight

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

My guess would be all of them.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'd prefer Bev over Rondo. And I'm not exactly a big Bev fan.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rondo hasn't been part of a good offensive team in the last 6 years. It's amazing that people still think this guy is good.

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Maybe he reallllllly wanted to come to Houston... So he wrecked his image and wants to sign with us on the cheap ;)