1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

It could work because he would play with Smith and Howard , and they pretty much are all buddy's and would check him

2. bmd

bmd Member

None of them can shoot free throws.

Smith can only sometimes shoot 3's.

Rondo can't shoot at all.

The spacing would be absolutely terrible. Even worse than when he was with the Mavs, because Dirk could spread the floor better than Josh Smith.

Rondo would grind the Rockets' offense to a halt, and his defense isn't that great anymore either. Not only that, but he's an ******* and messes with chemistry.

I can't think of a single player I would least want on the Rockets in the entire NBA. I would rather pay Pablo Prigioni $10 million to be the starting PG than get Rondo for free.

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I think Rondo could be controlled by Smith to a certain extent, but he is just an awful fit. Personality clash, spacing problems, more FT ineptitude. Just...no. I will gladly run with Bev & a back FA signing over Rondo.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If he didn't have the personality issues It would be worth a try...

But he does. Clashed with the Mavericks of all teams. I don't like the Mavericks, but I can admit they are a well run organization.

One thing though is I doubt he'd clash with Mchale. Since it's not like McHale is lording over the players and demanding them to call this or that Play. Rondo would come here and do what he wants on offense which plays to his playing style. The main thing here is would Harden defer to Rondo being the main playmaker or not.

I think that in a perfect scenario Rondo is more than happy to give Harden tons of points as long as he's getting his assist which is all he cares about any ways.

In the end, as a last option it could be a huge hit or huge miss. I think at the very least he'd love to stick it to the Mavericks.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my baby momma baby daddy other baby momma baby daddy told me the same thing.

6. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

the free-throw shooting is a big deal.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rondo looked turrible last year both his play and his attitude.

Let Sacramento have him

8. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Rondo dishes as good as Steve Nash, plays defense like Ron Artest. I'll take that anyday and you should too. Josh Smith had an attitude in Detroit, came to Houston and was put on check. Same will happen with Rondo.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I firmly believe that Rondo controls how he plays. Like some guys have off next nights. But I feel like with Dallas, he chose to have off nights. He clearly didn't want to be there. As I stated previously, I think he wanted to come here. I still think he wants to come here. I think the max contract reports are just BS. I think the Rockets rumors about him via ESPN is to drive up interest from Morey. It was from his agent Bill Duffy. If the price is right and the team was on board, it is possible that Rondo joins the Rockets this off season

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rondo hated Dallas, no way to hide that on his part. Carlisle is a dictator and Rondo needs a coach like Doc or McHale to allow him to create and pace the offense. He would provide much needed toughness and leadership. Everyone wants more scoring but is that what the team really needs?

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is no way they bring Rondo here. Especially after his awful Dallas campaign. I don't think there could be a worse player to pair with Harden. Eek.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Not happening.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This.

14. chandlerbang21

Do not want!!!

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Demarcus Cousins and Rondo in the same team should be fun to see. They both have bad attitudes

16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Why would he do that in a contract year? Fact is, his performance this year cost him millions. It doesn't help that the guy can't shoot a lick and has trouble finishing in the paint.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bottom 10 lower tier starting PG (Rondo) in this league to replace another bottom 10 lower tier starting PG (Bev). LOLOL

18. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Blasphemy! They had an amazing piece today on LeBron still being sad.

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Please no Rondo. Dallas went from one of the best offenses in history to slightly above average purely by acquiring him. They let him walk for nothing after giving up assets for him.

It's not worth it. He's just not what we need.

20. MONON

MONON Member

JEEZ!! How many under 50% free throw shooters do you want on this team!?! :mad:

DO NOT WANT!!!

1 person likes this.