1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by delishman, Jun 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Rondo's best days are far behind him. His discordant nature far outweighs his current basketball abilities.

2. Sanity2disChaos

Unless you know him personally, save the hate.....Rondo was a rocket in a Mavs uniform that series. He has plenty in the tank and J.Smith had a similar knock against him and look how he has won many fans over...Haters will Hate.

3. Sanity2disChaos

All the time...!!:p I honestly think he played bad on purpose. Not a good look moving forward but when two men with different mentalities cross paths anything can happen.

4. mockster

mockster Member

Here is an article about rondo and Josh smith teaming up one day

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...rajon-rondo-dream-about-teaming-up-in-the-nba

With Josh smith being friends with dwight and having success compared to Detroit he may stay with houston for a cheap price considering he's still getting paid out by Detroit. Josh smith and rondo are friends and already spoke about teaming up. Rondo may take a two year deal aswell.

I think as far as having connections could make us possiable suitors for rondo. At this point the PG opitions are few and far between.

I'd rather have ty Lawson but rondo is better then nothing.

5. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Rondo is going to get offers from many different teams, that's the thing. If we give him an offer equivalent to the other teams, and he decides to come to Houston.. That means he wants to be here, so he'd cooperate with coaching staff/players more than he did being forced into Dallas.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This only further validates my extreme aversion to ever seeing Rondo in a Rockets uniform.

7. mockster

mockster Member

+ friends with Josh smith, Mchale os not as uptight and etc. Only thing is james harden and rondo got into it a lot in that series. It was pretty minor and I can see that as water under the bridge and just two players being competitive

8. hakeemthagreat

I've always loved Rondo. But him coming here is a gift & possible curse. The main thing is attitude. We know Rondo don't take no crap. But Dwight & James are 2 of the most sensitive guys when it comes to criticism. I can see Rondo barking at Harden for a turnover, then James getting upset.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Mavericks disagree

10. mockster

mockster Member

Bad fits happen. For example look at Josh smith from Pistons to rockets. Also before rondo left Boston he was playing pretty good.

Personally I don't think the head coach gave rondo enough freedom or play time but who knows how difficult rondo was being.

At this point of we lose Bev there isn't many pg opitions

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden isn't sensitive. He's soft-spoken, but he definitely isn't sensitive.
    Dwight on the other hand, he might get into frequent fights with Rondo. Dwight didn't mesh with Kobe and Rondo kinda has that Kobe-like ******* vibe.

I don't know, maybe the Josh and Rondo being friends thing really helps all of them bond together.

I think Rondo is a dirty tool, but if he puts on that uniform and doesn't suck then I'll happily cheer for him.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I like his game a lot but the Rockets would be Popovichs wet dream at who to pick when purposely hacking someone to put on the free throw line lol.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'd love to have rondo. I'd take rondo over Lawson everyday.

14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I thought we had that last year.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People want a real pg with play making capabilities. People also want a lights out pure shooter. You are not going to find those two traits with the same player or else you are looking at a borderline star/superstar signing.

Posters here have ridiculously high exception on who we can sign or acquire through trade. Rondo is exactly the secondary playmaker/pure pg we have been yearning for. Ya, he can't shoot, but if he could he would be a star level pg which would be unattainable.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Maybe some people just don't want a headcase with a me first attitude that quits on his team in the playoffs.

17. HRox832

HRox832 Member

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Attitudes can be changed. People were reluctant with the Josh Smith signing because of attitude, and now most have warmed up to him. Change of scenery can do wonders. His attitude didn't get in the way of the Celtics winning a championship. In fact, he was a main cog in that championship.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Josh's attitude and rondos aren't similar at all. Second the celtics team devolved and eventually broke up bc of rondos attitude. There's absolutely nothing that tells me this guy can or wants to get along with howard or harden.

20. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

lawson> rondo