1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Rondo is not going to increase his three point shooting. There's a difference between a good shooter getting open looks and a bad shooter getting open looks.

Stay far away from Rondo. FAR AWAY. Not only is he apparently a team cancer now, he is also going to have him man double team Harden or cut off post passing lanes all game. **** that.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Carlisle is racist.

ROFs unite!

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

I hope they don't have eyes on him anymore.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I believe in Rondo as well. If you have a team with no other good players that need the ball so you can run your entire team through Rondo, he will fit in. Of course you are a lottery team in the West and a potential lottery team even in the East, but hey, who cares, at least Rondo will be used correctly!

Unless Rondo falls into another situation with three hall of famers who can all play off the ball, he's a bad fit on any good team.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Don't forget to add- and a not so good coach that has no problem letting Rondo call the plays on the floor.
    Everything adds up to the Lakers and Byron Scott. (Especially after Kobe gets injured again sometime next season- I hope not but it's possible).

6. langal

langal Member

The guy's attitude is costing himself millions of dollars - not to mention cutting down his choices of where he wants to live.

7. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WT-SBao5ilk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To his credit, on the 8-second call, that was pretty shocking. I feel like, if the refs are really going to embrace that rule, they could call it a few times in every game I've seen this year. He wasn't even especially slow that time.

Or maybe I'm just not watching the games closely enough and everyone is sprinting the ball up the court.

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

They are more effective with Barea because it forces the Mavs to use Aminu. Imagine how much better they would be if they kept Crowder and Wright. They'd be a deeper version of Houston with only marginal talent at PG keeping them from being considered championship contenders.

Barea will exposed the more he plays because Carlisle is going to have to send help to Dirk. Once that happens, Harden will be able to roam more freely. Carlisle is deciding to let the Rockets attack with other players but you can't stop both a Smith/Howard pnr and Harden/anyone else pnr. Something has to give and I am hoping that gives in game 3 coupled with outside shooting. Blow them off the floor at home in game 3 like the Thunder did in 2012 and Dallas will find a way to lose Game 4.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

that was 9 seconds.

harden always brings it up slowly, but you never see him take that extra second. dude is always aware and leaps across half court at the 16 sec mark...

if the 16 was still on the clock, that would be a questionable call...

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources says Mavs are ruling out Rajon Rondo indefinitely after back injury he sustained in Game 2</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/590967630552379392">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Now Dallas is down 2 starters too.

Now we're even!

13. count_dough-ku

It's not fair for the Mavs. They're missing their starting point guard and a key offensive frontcourt player....oh wait.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"back injury" eh?

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Shots fired:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sometimes my back stiffens up when I sit still for too long.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/590972842784653312">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

105.3 The Fan was suggesting that Rondo had a fake limp going during the game yesterday so he could get out of playing. They said this at 11:30 AM today

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Luckily the Lakers or the Knicks will almost certainly offer him a truck load of cash in free agency.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Rondo can't handle the wild West, baby

19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

After the 8 second violation, why the hell did he wander off and leave Terry wide open?

20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He would be a terrible fit for the Knicks since they want to run the triangle. They need a point guard that can shoot, not a creator that can't shoot.

The Lakers wouldn't be much better as I find it hard to believe that he and Kobe could coexist. Rondo needs the ball to be effective and Kobe isn't just going to allow that.

Miami, if Dragic leaves, would be interesting and I think he could succeed there. Sacramento or Utah, even though he'd probably never go to either, would be intriguing as well.