1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SuraGotMadHops

I'm wondering if there is some LeBron James' mom/Delonte West thing going on with Rondo that set him off....I suspect JJ Barea.

2. GMNot

GMNot Member

If you saw the post game on TNT you heard Barkley say he wouldn't play Rondo anymore [if he were coach]. Then he and Kenny Smith got into a spirited debate about Rondo. Smith maintained that they need Rondo to win this series. O'Neal sided with Smith. I don't know if Rondo could be the difference or not. The game was close for 3½ quarters and Rondo didn't play a lot of the second half. I think if the Rockets can score in the paint like they did in the 4th quarter and Howard doesn't get into foul trouble, Rondo isn't part of that equation.

If memory serves me, Vernon Maxwell disappeared in the second playoff run and the Rockets still won.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

The Mavs went small often with one big guy (Dirk often) and Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse and Michael Finley at the forward spots. The trouble was that the Rockets couldn't matchup with the Dallas "smalls" because our option for going small were the likes of David Wesley and Jon Barry and Mike James.

The Rockets don't have the same issue right now. Barea and even Felton might be too quick for Terry and Prigioni-- like basically all opposing PGs are-- but I don't think they can consistently kill the Rockets. The Rockets have wing defenders that they can switch onto the likes of Barea and Felton and have Dwight back there to protect the rim. Barea had some success getting to the basket, but Dwight was mostly able to alter his shots on these drives to make them low% floaters.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is because of Shaq's high density factor of not understanding Chuck's point about Rondo. I was about to scream.

Another thing: When one of them mentioned Rondo's +/- for two games was -36, Shaq completely ignored it.

Shaq is so slow sometimes it blows my mind.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not the same at all. Rockets won without Maxwell because they didn't need him anymore after trading for Clyde. Max understood that when the trade was made which is why he quit on the team.

Without Rondo, Mavs are stuck with Barea playing heavy minutes backed up by Felton (and maybe Harris).

6. Louka

Louka Member

raymond felton though lol

7. Louka

Louka Member

.... :eek: that's just silly. Rondo is 10 times the pg Lin will ever be/ever was. To call him a downgrade? just silly, man

Check yoself

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

One is turnover prone, high risk, high reward, and makes dumb decisions down the stretch. Can you tell which one I'm talking about? Lin is a less successful Rondo. Lin could be as good as Rondo, and Rondo can hurt a team as much as Lin does.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Look rondo knows his team sux and are going to lose the series. It just came all at him at once and realized there wasn't $**** he could do about. I know it's unprofessional of him, but who cares it's the mavePrix we are talking about..

10. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

But.. But.. Cuban said team chemistry is very importan.. And Rockets have none of that.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LOL <a href="http://t.co/oPZ5kzbtUi">pic.twitter.com/oPZ5kzbtUi</a></p>&mdash; Taco Trey Kerby (@treykerby) <a href="https://twitter.com/treykerby/status/590912022205886466">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

They are different players. Rondo can't shoot as well as Lin but he's a much better passer. On defense there is no comparison. Lin is a bottom of the barrel PG on defense. However--I think Rondo can hurt a team more than Lin because people still have expectations of him. He's obviously killing the Mavericks now. I'm sure someone will still sign him to a $12 million deal.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'll giving you the defense argument definitely. I think if Lin played in a system where defense was key he could learn some D. I think Rondo's passing ability comes from the fact that coaches have let him run the show, while with Lin coaches have always been tentative at best. If Lin was given the ability to run the show unhindered I think he could be at Rondo's level eventually. Both are high risk high reward players, both are great, but both can sink your team if they aren't used correctly.

14. i3artow i3aller

Live look @ Playoff Rajon Rondo.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Rondo is Lin with incredible handles, beautiful assists, and a brokeass jumpshot.

16. Amel

Amel Member

Ya'll can laugh, but when Murray goes after Rondo next year - ya'll be ****tin bricks

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats definitely not happening

18. i3artow i3aller

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I still believe in Rondo. He was just put in a bad position with Dallas. Just doesn't fit. Ellis and Dirk need the ball in their hands to be a threat. In Boston he could orchestrate the offense and set every one up. Not here. Also in Boston, they played bully ball. They tried to get in your head by playing physical. Well it didn't work with Harden and nobody on his team really has his back.

That open three from Terry after the 8 second violation wasn't really his fault. He tried to get back on Harden but the Rockets ran to take the ball out. The entire Mavericks team wasn't ready, not just Rondo.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I also think Morey could go after him. I mean, we have no point guard and we all know McHale allows his players to be free. Rondo would be free to do what he wants and I think he's good at controlling the offense.

Three point shooting? What player hasn't increased their three point shooting since coming here?