1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry about last tweet... Please disregard. Rondo obviously not playing.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591621159273136129">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Careful about fake twitter accounts today. If they say something like Rondo is playing, they are fake accounts from people with no lives.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/591621265582002178">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. mingthething

mingthething Member

If Rondo comes to Houston, it had better be to MD Anderson because that dude is a cancer.

2 people like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My honest guess is that something happened in practice and/or film sessions between game 1 or game 2.

Rondo is sitting there shaking his head like "no, you just can't do it like that and beat Houston." Either he had given up trying to talk to Carlisle at that point, OR he spoke up and gave his take and Carlisle shot it right down. Either way, he had no mojo for game 2. In his mind, the game plan was already a loser, so that's why we saw what we saw.

I'm not on Rondo's side. Carlisle is a good coach, and even if Rondo was smarter, you don't act like that.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Coach Mike's analysis was spot on, about how Rondo wasn't being aggressive in the first half of Game 2 on Harden, and was allowing to just walk it up on the court.

Then, like a child, in the second half, gets overly aggressive to prove some point.

It's an amalgamation of the tension between Rondo & Carlisle and it poured out at the perfect time for us.

A part of me still thinks the Lakers are stupid enough to offer him a substantial amount of money as Kobe will have some say in the matter.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Well done

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;The fit wasn't right. Him and Monta can't play together&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/AmbassadorKD">@AmbassadorKD</a> on his good friend Rajon Rondo</p>&mdash; SiriusXM NBA Radio (@SiriusXMNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA/status/591698157156728832">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He can play, he's just a big ****ing diva. My way or the highway

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Might be a good time to buy low...

Just saying, with Bev gone.

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

He won't fit in Houston either. With that EGO, Rondo'll take away too much ball handling from Harden.

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

Can't believe this is the same dude that some Rockets fans wanted. I don't wanna say I didn't tell you so but... lol

People talked about how Josh Smith was a "cancer" for a locker room before he signed here, Rondo is the definition of that.

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Rondo has always planned to sign with the Lakers this off-season, and everything that has happened in Dallas is only making him joining the team more inevitable:

"
    When Rondo realized his run with the Celtics was over this year, he planned to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports [...]Everything’s pushing Rondo closer to his inevitable free-agent fleeing to the Lakers this summer. As long as the coach is back, Rondo’s gone, sources told Yahoo Sports. The parting could be mutual."​

(Also the Lakers are looking to sign LaMarcus Aldridge)

14. BullRider

BullRider Member

why is feigen claiming "fake accounts" when creech reported it on her real account?

15. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V5ZG87RqPFs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Trying to cover up for her mistake. Same thing NBA players say when they screw up and post something stupid on twitter.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, loved it!

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

It amused me every time when someone said Rondo can coexist well with Harden. Harden needs the rocks more than Rondo nowadays cuz Harden is a far better one.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Rondo can't coexist with Ellis, yet he'll be able to share the ball with Kobe and possibly another big name free agent they sign? Good luck with that, Lakers.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I have to go back and watch some highlights but how did he coexist with Pierce, Allen and KG? The latter two can play exceptionally off the ball, but Pierce is an iso player.

Give him some time and the right situation. I think he can get his mojo back