1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

No he couldn't. Rondo has to have the ball in his hands. That would take it out of Harden's hands.

Can't hit free throws, Can't hit 3's, Needs the ball, Made dallas worse.

NO FREAKING THANKS!!!

People who still want Rondo are CRAZY!

2. roidrage

roidrage Member

Rondo and parsons good signings cuban

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo is a great player If you give him the ball and let him run the team. Carlisle refuses to do that. Just a bad, bad fit for everyone involved. Hilarious that it is Dallas and Mark Cuban...

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah, when 2 top 10 players of all time force their way into their franchise, what exactly do you have to for a good track record

if Shaq and Kobe forced their way into Houston, we can have no GM and we will have multiple rings

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rondo is not a great player. Never has been a great player on a day-to-day basis. Without 3 HOF players to distribute to in Boston, he never would have become so overrated to start with.

Plus, the psycho factor comes into play. This was well-known before the trade to Dallas but so many people continue to ignore it. Can't figure out why.

Next season on a team of his choosing when he doesn't return to Celtics form, maybe everybody will see what is plainly true. There will be no more excuses.

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

A lot of those championships were under Dr Buss and Jerry West, who aren't here any more. Kupchek has the Gasol trade and drafting Bynum, but he also has a penchant for signing over the hill former stars. Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Steve Nash. It's not going to be that easy to rebuild for them. Kobe holds them down another year with his cap number. Unless they get a future hall of famer in the draft, what's the rebuilding plan? When's the last time they even got a player who was a solid starter or first man off the bench in the draft? Granted they trade away most of their first rounders over the past 10 years.

Even if Kevin Love leaves the Cavs and picks the Lakers, is that team any better than Love on the T-Wolves? Nobody chose to go play with Kobe last year, why do they want to play with him a year older coming off another major injury? If the Lakers cut Jordan Hill and assuming Kobe isn't retiring, they will have $23.5 million and Hill was one of the best players. Enough for one max player who doesn't mind joining a lottery team. Being in LA helps, but the Clippers are now an attractive and more talented option and no longer have a bad owner. And the Knicks will be fighting for the same free agents but with more cap space to work with. That's ignoring current playoff teams that may have cap space and could offer a winning team to join.

Odds are most of the best free agents stay where they are. If Aldridge or Gasol were to leave due to lack of playoff success with their current teams, it's hard to imagine them seeing the Lakers as giving them a better chance to win any time soon.

7. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Fixed it for you.

You should totally become a Laker fan like right now. Then tell me how you're ok with 61 losses and no future because 16 chips. Oh too late, Laker fans already do that.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Ehh? not a Lakers fan but I don't see your point.

I guess 6 Chips in 27 years. Or 10 Chips in 35 years. I guess depends how you look at it.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No matter who you are or how you are looking at it, when you bring up good moves from like a decade ago to try and justify current management you are going to look pretty foolish.

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/w...-rondo-gives-connect-four-advice-to-children/

LOL

11. Raven

Raven Member

And every CF poster who endlessly campaigned to bring Rondo here needs to step up and admit they were wrong with a capital W.

12. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Over 110 losses in the last 2 seasons. That's how you look at it.

Championships won years ago wont justify their "foolishness" today.

1 person likes this.
  13. Airdough

Airdough Member

Everyone is just looking at today. Also Shaq never forced his way to LA, he got lowballed by Orlando allowing LA to get a foothold in negotiations.

As Rockets fans, you would rather have one playoff series win versus 5 championships in 15 years just because the outlook for the next 5 years is better as of now for the Rockets.

Even with the Lakers recent free fall, they are still one of the model franchises in the NBA. When people play there and their are expectations to always win big and they have been able to back up those expectations, it makes them a great franchise. I would think any of us would kill for 5 titles in 15 years even if it meant that years 16-20 looked really bad.

14. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I think many of us would. Personally, I wouldn't. Being miserable now and possibly for the next 5 years at the least... nah. I'd probably revert to past success in discussion like Laker fans and Shaq, lol.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

#235 Easy, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I WAS WRONG..bro.. :)

That being said, situations define players. We have no better example than Josh Smith...An NBA team paid him to leave!

Its why I think that Josh Smith has a very high chance at returning to Houston next year.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Where is Brandon Wright?

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I agree with the sentiment, but Clutchfans has been wrong about most players we have acquired like this. When D12 first got tossed around... NO THANKS! TEAM CANCER! MADE LAKERS WORSE! When J-Smoove got offered up as an idea it was even worse.