1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo & Allen available?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Jun 23, 2009.

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Yahoo! Sports reports the Celtics offered Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo to the Pistons for a package that included Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey.

We can offer a better package than that! Give them Tmac, Brooks, & Landry! We get our PG of the future and a starting 2 that we need.

Boston gets Tmac's expiring contract to go after a big dog in 2010, starting PG, and good insurance for KG in case his injury flares up again.

Morey better get on the phone with his old team quick!

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

That package is not better than the Detroit package.

3. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Then make it better. I would LOVE to have Rondo on our team. I'll take him over any of the PGs in this years draft. He's a triple double machine. Allen would be great for a couple more seasons. He's the sharp shooter we need! Both of those players are perfect fits with our needs.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Boston is in win now mode. They would not be interested in T-mac. In fact the only person they would love to have is Yao which is not happening.

Also does management want a guy like Rondo he is not a good shooter to pair up with Yao. I like Rondo though but I don't think we have enough to get him and Allen.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Are you guys serious....screw going after Bostons role players....pony up for some of those Pistons starters (Hamilton or Stuckey).

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm a bit confused as to why Boston would give up Rondo. Is he that much of a cancer in the locker room that Boston is willing to part with a guy who had arguably the best playoffs of anyone outside of Lebron? There is no telling how good he can become and they want to trade him and Allen for a bunch of ok players?

To me, Boston is right there if KG comes back healthy. If they sign a swing man with some athleticism and defensive chops they are probably the favorite to win it all again.

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Think of a better version of Lowry...

8. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

This reminds me of the Barkley trade. Giving up youth in Brooks and Landry for Rondo and an aging player in Allen. However, the package offered by the Pistons are a lot better.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah I thought of that, I still don't think we have enough to offer though. Maybe Artest in a sign and trade along with Brooks and someone else. Not sure.

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It is better, in the long run. They get a young and speedy PG with plenty of upside and young PF with a high conversion rate and plenty of room to grow as well. Plus they get Tracy's expiring contract worth 20mil, plus any insurance money, plus the added bonus of "IF" Tracy comes back and contributes being the T-Mac of old, as Tracy's fans would say. Keeping Boston under the salary cap next year and in a position to set up many more years of success.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so you want to just add to it just because your fascinated with rondo? giving up more than tmac, landry, and brooks would pretty much put us out of contention, even with Rondo and allen. Plus, boston wants to win a ring next year, they want players who will play, not tmac...but they'll probably want brooks, ron, shane, cook

12. ommy48

ommy48 Member

I would do that trade for the rockets in a heart beat...Allen would be deadly playing off of Yao in the post, and rondo can create, rebound and get the ball inside at will. Giving up Landry would be tough, but the rockets need to be in a win now mode, and rondo and allen, would be the missing pieces (along with artest coming back) that would make us a championship team. We would match up with the Lakers even better now, and our defense would remain excellent, while our offense would get a big boost by having a couple of very efficient offensive players.This deal would make me more excited than any other deal that has been rumored to be out there. Morey would be smart to look into some sort of package, which doesn't include scola or battier (who are too important for us), that could get Boston to bite.