1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daaum, Jun 4, 2007.

1. daaum

daaum Member

how much does this guy make?
    1) i think there was somethin while back about him that he wanted to play for RA really bad, and would take pay cut to keep him there in sac....i mean he has the number to prove that he is Defensive player and candidate for DPY throphy every year...that is for our stat GM
    2) another thing is he wanted sac to sign bonzi really bad and would also take pay cut for him, and keep him in sac.....
    houston has two good reason why he would want to play for us. why not work out a deal for him.....if battier then so be, cuz ron artest can score much better and play better defense.....line up of yao/t-mac/artest/bonzi/ and good point guard is championship caliber
    this guy can fix all of our problems....he has problem himself but i think he would act according under RA...we need someone tough, ready to dog fight anytime, he can teach yao sevral moves.....another guy i think to make us tough is stephen jackson....that guy is stright up trip, he dont take no one crap. and mario elie can strighten out all of these guyz. strong defensive players, under a excellent offensive coach seem preety good

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

great talent but a head case...

artest is worth a gamble... MAYBE.

but stephen jackson? are you high?

bonzi, artest, and stephen jackson all on the same team? you're nuts.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Can we all make a personal oath not to refer to Rick Adelman as "RA"? With Jeff Van Gundy, JVG is about as unique as you can get. But RA? This thread is about Ron Artest (RA) ... the Rockets have Rafer Alston (RA) ...

How about Ricky A? Or RAD?

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I think we should affectionately refer to him as Hitler. Of course, the minute we lose a game half the board will be calling him that anyway.

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

RADelman

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

exactly.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thank you.

I can't stand this trend of using initials. Half the time I can't figure out what they are talking about.VP TP SF RA RA JH MJ KB LJ RL CB LB DC MJ VY CB JB JB AJ CS CM KG JJ RT KT ................. Why have we become so lazy????

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

No Coach 'A' is quite sufficient.

9. tinyb0itim

tinyb0itim Member

I posted a possible trade involving Artest last week. It involved Shane + Rafer for Artest + Douby. Like I said its a high risk high reward type of move, but I would do it because he seems to respond well to Aldeman.

10. Barkley

Barkley Member

Artest is a better version of Battier. So I would love to have him on a roxter but now we have a chance to sing Lewis, maybe Billups

11. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Coach A is too long

lets just call him "CA" ;)

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Artest has proven OVER and OVER and OVER that he is no where near being "reformed."

Add this to your list of two MORE guarentees in life; Ron Artest and Terrel Owens will both go bizerk yet again. And 7 outta 10 times it will be a huge distraction to the team.

I highly doubt Mr. Morey would be interested in taking this almost guarenteed risk esp. by giving up probably the MOST stable guy in our lineup in Battier.

13. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I agree he has more than proven to be a head case. :eek: However, putting him on a winning team, laid back locker room where everyone gets along, no tabloid type papers, and a less intrusive media in Houston could actually help and benefit the guy. Plus, we know Sac town would trade him for a decent offer, and his trading value has definitely gone down, unfortunately not his salary as we all know.

As long as he knew where his place on this team would be it could be worth it. Would he defer to being the #3 man? Does he crave the media attention like TO? These and more are things we would have to find out for sure before any trade talks for him became serious. :confused:

#13 redgoose, Jun 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  14. Possum

Possum Member

No to TKOP. :p

These kind of players! :D

15. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

It's kind of ironic or hypocritical that everybody loved Vernon Maxwell, "Mad Max" who even ran up the stands to punch a guy. Was it because of less media coverage back then, including digging into a person's life? Or we're people blinded with red and yellow? If he helped us a win championship how much would the board's view on him change? :confused:

I would still say no to Stephen Jackson. ;)

16. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

1) Whenever a player says they will take a paycut for reason X, they are most likely lying. And even if they are telling the truth, that doesn't include 30% of the decision making made by the player's agents and lawyers who disagree.

2) Artest is so crazy that you never know what his intent is. Therefore, its safe to assume that he is lying whenever he speaks.

Looking at the history of NBA players that have taken a paycut to join another team, the list is fairly short. The players that do tend to be veterans who are hungry for a ring and they also tend to not be crazy. Character evidence says Artest won't take a paycut and he also doesn't fall in the category of players that will take a paycut.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Richard Leonard Adelman -- RLA for the text messaging generation.

Did he have a nickname when he was a Rockets player? I can't recall one, but then my memory has deserted me in old age.

18. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

So, let me get this straight...
    1. You are banking on Bonzi not opting out of his contract (very unlikely)
    2. You are banking on Bonzi getting back into great shape and significantly helping this team, just because of Rick Adelman (still pretty unlikely)
    3. You are banking on Artest *still* wanting to play for Rick A no matter where he is coaching (who knows--none of us, really)
    4. You are banking on Artest still being willing to take a pay cut for Bonzi (again, who knows)
    5. You are banking on Artest not going crazy, even though he has never let us down in that respect--he has not changed (VERY UNLIKELY)

And for all of this *high risk* you are willing to take on for, as someone else above said, our most stable guy, not to mention our most "lucrative" (though that's too strong of a description for Battier) trade asset. :confused:

CRAZY. :rolleyes:

19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Mad Max is actually a very good comparison. Thanks for bringing it up ...in the CON column (not the PRO column).

If you recall, MaxMax went awol and ensured he wasn't available to play in '95. We are LUCKY that MadMax didn't go awol the season before. Do you want to tempt fate again with Artest? Artest very well could go out in a ball of flames and take the whole team with him. Or maybe he'll flame out without any negative reparcussions for the team ...other than is lack of availability. Eitherway, we can almost guarentee that he'll go AWOL at some point. I say ...PASS.