1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest will either shine or bust in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Adelman has to deal with this; it could really sink the team in the playoff run. He has to drive and stop dribbling and chucking.

2. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I said it before and I'll say it again. His jumpshot even when hot is totally fool's gold. He just keeps chucking them up regardless.

If we had last year's McGrady on this team without Artest, I think we'd be better.

3. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

It's the law of average. He's a 9-year vet with a career 3 pt. % of 0.343. When his 3 pt. reaches a ridiculous high rate of over 50%, you are expecting that law would kick in at any moment.

4. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Completely agreed. A true leader knows when to do what's appropriate. Once Artest don't take forced shots and play 100% team game - the Rockets can go deep into the playoff.

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

law of averages.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ron isn't a finest player. He's a griddy hard nose player that makes things look difficult. He's still been effective though.

You have to take the good with the bad.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Edit : Meant to say Finesse player.

8. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

I will say this, as horrendously and selfishly as he played in the 1st half, Ron manned up and starting driving alot more, and ended with a great 2nd half. Imagine if TMac started 0-9.....Nuff said

9. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

All I want is an efficient Artest come play off time. He just gotta know when the shots aren't falling and knowing to control his emotion. Adelman must also allow his guards to control the ball during close situation and not Artest.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because in T-mac's entire career he's never recovered from a bad 1st half.

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Rockets need to cut down their 3 point attempts a bit. They've been launching about 20-25 a game. I say keep it around 18 - 4 and a half from each chucker.

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

This thread is useless. Lets see he will either shine or be a bust, wow Einstein do you have any other theories to lay on us? When you go to the restroom you are either going to **** or p!ss..... geez guess I should make a thread about that.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

No matter who we sign, it looks like we're cursed to deal with a star who won't drive it to the basket consistently. At least with T-Mac we knew he was wary of his injuries, with Artest he just goes to his happy place and we don't know how to bring him back.

14. blender

blender Member

You have to allow for a little random wildness with Artest, I think, because when he's on, it can pay off in a big way. But if he's off, like he was today in the beginning of the game, Adelman's got to call that time out quickly and get him to play the right way. Hopefully, it won't take an 11-point deficit in the third before calling that timeout in the playoffs.

Also, instead of just passing him the ball in the perimeter and letting him create, I'd like to see some more screens and picks or catch-and-shoot plays called for Artest early in the game. Maybe it will help him get into a rhythm and involved in the offensive set.

15. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

getting cheap points in the 4th like holding on to the ball instead of passing it to a better freethrow shooter is worthless, this guy is selfish

16. ibm

ibm Member

:D :D :D :D :D

brilliant!

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i think thats the main reason, atleast lowry drives to the basket and i dont have to see that stupid tear drops.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

thats true cus if tmac does have a bad games he just starts dishing out assist and get his teamates envolved, where ron wants to do the opposite and prove everybody wrong.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The sad part about McGrady is that he used to settle for jumpers instead of driving and trying to finish strongly around the basket. He had the ball handling skills that Ron lacks.