1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest Responds To T-Mac's Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha TC, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

http://dimemag.com/2009/04/ron-artest-addresses-t-macs-comments/

[​IMG]
    There’s one aspect of Tracy McGrady’s comments about the Cavs not having what it takes that didn’t even register with a lot of people. He said that he thought the Lakers were gonna win the ‘chip, barely entertaining the idea that his own team could go the whole way. Here’s how Ron Artest responded when radio show host Carmichael Dave read T-Mac’s comments…

“Well, hold on one second… As I finish my vitamins…I’m actually in velvet, barbed-wire boxer briefs…Actually barbed wire - around the waist… I think that guy who said that wasn’t Tracy. It was a lookalike. I just got a text, that was a lookalike. He has total confidence in us.”

I feel like Ron would be pissed if he thought that T-Mac picked the Lakers. But he actually believed T-Mac that it was “a lookalike” when Tracy texted him and said so. In this case, it’s much better for everyone involved to be gullible.

Here are some other great nuggets of Tracy’s interview, which took place after Game 1 and before last night’s Blazers’ win…

* Talking about Game 1, Ron says, “That was a lucky blowout. The playoffs is the playoffs and it’s gonna be tough. It’s going to be much more tough in the next couple of games.”

* This is kinda sad: “Dikembe reminds me of a 20-year old kid whose hungry. He really wants to win.”

* Talking about those vitamins he was eating, “I take the little gummy bear Flintstones vitamins…I try not to eat the lady. I try not the eat the man. Just give the me car. I try to find the car. Yea, worst case scenario, I eat the lady.”

2. ibm

ibm Member

this is sig worthy. think about using it as my sig...

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ron always cracks me up.

Sometimes in 4th quarter pressure situations....

4. hoplite

hoplite Member

LOL at the vitamin comment.

I enjoy ron's toughness and how he cares about the team. If only he would play more in control. Idk if he's still feeling a little injury in his ankle or what, but he seems to have lost a little. It will be an interesting summer.

5. guangzu

guangzu Member

definitely not from our beloved Tracy, who has been in heaven ever since...

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol a lookalike... cute...

Ron and Shane need to have a talk show.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Talking about those vitamins he was eating, “I take the little gummy bear Flintstones vitamins…I try not to eat the lady. I try not the eat the man. Just give the me car. I try to find the car. Yea, worst case scenario, I eat the lady.”

that's awesome...ron is a little special.

8. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

I already posted this article in the Tmac thread.

9. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Hey that's awesome, rookie.

10. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

This entire thing was already posted and talked about in the thread Carmichael Dave started during the actual interview on Monday.

That wasnt RonRon's actual first reaction, at first he was just saying, "He didnt say that, he didnt say that" later on in the interview he started with the lookalike stuff.

Go listen to the interview on CD's website, the entire thing is quite entertaining.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's jealous of LeBron. In Rome's interview, it was an extreme Kobe love fest and Tmac didn't show much love for LeBron.

They mention LeBrons name with Kobe now, Tmac isn't even mentioned on their level anymore.

Plus LeBron has nicer shoes.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The only thing that was reaching to me in that interview was Tmac's claim that Lebron will be MVP because of marketing. He's clearly a Kobe homer. I get they're friends and all, but to dismiss Lebron's season like that was crazy. Lebron is having the career Tmac thinks he should've had.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whenever Tmac returns if he ends up on a team without Shane or Ron, LeBron will destroy him.

I mean Maxwell never said stupid crap to Jordan. He just trash talks on the court by yelling some F-bombs, at least that was noble cause that was face to face in a game. Who the hell talks trash when they are rehabbing?

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Maybe that's why Tracy and Ron didn't get along so well. After all, LeBron is just a younger, more athletic version of Artest. :D

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think he's a Lebron hater...he's just been on Kobe's tip for a looong time.

16. Ismail

Ismail Member

With Yao, Deke, Barry, Battier, and Ron all in a locker room, their must be some hilarious moments of communication between those guys.