1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, on playing against the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Nov 3, 2009.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'd boo him....

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I don't plan on being nice to him on Wednesday...

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'll applaud him. He played well for us. No hard feelings (I like Ariza better).

5. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

he will get booed hard, because he went to the lakers. He could of gone to any other team ( except maybe utah of course) and he would receive a very nice ovation. but nope not on the lakers! I will not be at the game, but If I was going, I would boo as hard as possible

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well i dont really blame him for going there. the rockets chose to go with Ariza. He did contribute a lot during hte portland series even though he could sometimes be a low bball IQ chucker

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

he is playing for the other team

of course you boo him

Ron played here for one season, he played hard, at times he played really well and at other times he did not.

Ron didnt really leave a huge positive mark here in the grand scheme of the franchise.

I mean he wasnt a Clyde or Dream hell he wasnt even a Steve Francis in that regard.

Ron left on his own terms and should be treated as such

8. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

ya it just sorta reminds me of when dennis rodman played with san antonio for that one year and then fled to chicago to get a ring

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

We made it to the second round for the first time in how many years?

10. MD_in_Training

I don't see why anyone would boo Ron. He wanted to stay. We low-balled him, and he went to the highest bidder. Even though he's mentally erratic, we really have no reason to give him the cold shoulder.

11. vince321

vince321 Member

Ill be at the game, right behind the rockets bench row C.

i dont know if i'll boo him. I hate the fact that he went to the lakers, but im also glad that he's not messing up the team chemistry on this year's squad.

If he does something thuggish to our players, I will definitely make him hear my boos, heck I may even taunt him a bit.

12. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

sure he did a good deed, but then totally did something REALLY bad after. He went to the purple and gold

13. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

That was a TEAM effort. it wasnt because of ron. If anything he was shooting us out of games by going 4 for 16 or taking air ball 3s at the end of the shot clock

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm pretty indifferent to him. I wouldn't clap him, and I wouldn't boo him. He's just another character in the NBA cast.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's the only thing he should get credit for. Yes, we did make it to the 2nd round with him.

But what he did, it was just unacceptable. And I am not talking about signing with LA (of course it was bad as well).

But you just don't attend other team's locker room and you don't say to their best player 'I am gonna help you' when you play for other team.

unacceptable

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i say we boo him to get him pumped up and shoot 20 threes :D

17. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Somebody's gonna get lock da **** up. LOL

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I'd throw beer at him...

19. rockets2

rockets2 Member

A ball stopper and chcking machine

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't see any reason at all to not give him a warm reception.

I mean, seriously, let's not be immature about this. He went out there and busted his ass every night. And while he certainly wasn't the main reason why the Rockets made it to the second round and pushed the Lakers to 7... he was certainly a big part of it.

When his name is called you give him a warm reception, let him know that you appreciate what he did for the team last year... then the tipoff comes and it's time to cheer against him. I don't see any reason to do it any other way.