1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron artest....hooligan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Apr 22, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is actually being discussed on a more general forum where people aren't as emotional over Harden and Artest as they seem to be here. It's fun to see the different sides lol.

Harden had no reason to bump into Artest and if he wasn't there this wouldn't have been an issue. You all know that. He doesn't go out of his way to attack Harden, HArden is in the way and Artest is in frenzied Artest mode.

As for Artest not getting into any fights in the NBA before other than the Pacer incident...LOL...alright then. Also his career spans over just the Pacers btw and he has had several altercations before. He has anger issues self-admittedly so and that was not angry Artest.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Duh. When did I say Harden deserved it? When did I say he didn't know he was there? In fact I clearly say he knew he was there and that was likely what initiated the elbow. You call my arguments dumb but you are not even reading them.

What does any of this have to do with him leaving our team or his play as a Rocket again?

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I know you've played ball before, you bump into and kinda akwardly get locked up against opposing players all the time, Harden did nothing wrong whatsoever

4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

you're either mentally r****ded or a troll. Basketball is a PHYSICAL game in case you didn't know. You're allowed to bump into people like Harden did within the rules. What's not allowed is elbowing someone with all of the force you can. If you have EVER played basketball, you would know this. I actually like Ron before this incident, now I ****ing hate him.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who said Harden was in the wrong? He's just awkwardly standing in Ron's path though, watch it in fast motion.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you lost your mind? Since when did NBA players need reasons to bump into each other? Nobody said Artest didn't get into ANY other fights "LOL", but he has a career-long history of cheap shots and this is the latest one.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Hey. It could have been worse. Look at RudyT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe you should reread my posts and come back.

Some of you make it seem like Artest was occupying Harden's spot, that wasn't the case. Like Artest moved in to give Harden that elbow.

I'm just looking at the incident in fast motion and it looks a lot different than that slow motion elbow... and people are trying to over analyze everything that happened after and that's just any one's guess.

People are ALWAYS ready to villainize someone and jump to conclusions.

Good job on hating Artest though, off the court recently he's been a really good dude and rarely do people who have met him have something bad to say about him.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's still an lol because you said 'not many' dude is always getting technicals because of his attitude.

Well I don't see flying elbows as cheap shots because it used to always go on. I've already said he's a physical player who throws bows, I just think that's part of the game (or used to be)

I liken cheap shot to Bowen (and other Spurs players) getting under players who are in the air, or what Smith did to Blake earlier in the year.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm expecting 10 games for Artest, and it wouldn't stun me if he's banned for the postseason

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

Are you watching the Rockets/Heat game by any chance? It's happened several times in that game already.

Amazing that no vicious elbows have been thrown though. I guess the Rockets & Heat are just lucky.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not surprising since Artest isn't playing in that game

13. SacTown

SacTown Member

True. The nba dish on clutchfans is basically an oklahoma city supersonics forum. I'm just waiting to see if Artest gets the same treatment as fisher for being a dirty player now that he's clocked one of the chosen ones of the bbs. James Harden is a favorite around here.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Ouch. I like artest but that was terrible

15. Mr. Space City

artest for dpoy?

he shut down harden tonight to give the lakers the win.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What a disgrace. You can be physical and get in peoples face but this i want to spit on.
    Shame on whoever tolerates or laughs at it.

17. dsid411

dsid411 Member

This.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm curious what that more general forum is. The most "general" basketball forum right is pretty angry at Artest. I don't see anyone here actually saying Artest should be banned.

19. conquistador#11

people forget that scouts prior to the nba draft were saying ron artest fit the profile of a serial killer according to psychological tests. Since ronron does have a heart, he would be more like dexter and not buffalo bill.
    All I was saying is you don't bump a crazy person that's is in his own little world after that basket. Give him his three feet! or his meds.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think JayGoogle actually has some legitimate points but people are letting their emotions get the best of them (OKC fans). Thus no rational discussions here, just presumptuous attacks.