1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron artest....hooligan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Apr 22, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBron James on Artest's elbow to Harden, "That's the craziest s--t I've ever seen."

2. houseofglass21

Jordan Hill sighting, lol

3. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

I can't really say that. If Stern didn't come down hard on Love, and gave Bynum 5 games for his incredibly cheap shot on J.J. Barea, the precedent seems pretty well set, +/- 2-4 games for being MWP and media reaction. If there was a playoffs-long suspension, I'd say there's a good case for MWP at an arbitration, given similar fouls and suspensions. This isn't to say that MWP was right, justified or a victim at all; rather, it's an indictment on the NBA not penalizing as hard as they should, particularly with Love.

4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

source?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude I'm well aware of his Pacer career. Artest is a physical player not a dirty one. Artest will get in your face, body you, and throw elbows.

Also it is more than just the Detroit incident. He's always losing his cool and when he does he's ready to actually fight and not slip in some elbow like that.

If Harden isn't even in that spot, NONE of this happens. That's the entire point right there, he doesn't go and attack Harden.

1 person likes this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Considering it's Artest and his history I'm sure the league could ban him for the rest of the year based on what he did before and he couldn't do anything about it. All they have to say is we gave him a 2nd chance and he showed us that we shouldn't have. I doubt that happens though.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

How do people on this board praise this piece of ****. He shot like ****, he got ****ing burned by B. Roy, he did not lead us passed the first round, Yao did. He acts like a tough guy against the Lakers but then signs with Kobe in the off season.

Seriously this dude is a psychopathic piece of ****. He's going to be eating vaseline in a few years. **** this guy.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

How unfortunate for Harden. He had no business trying to get that inbounds past while Artest was "celebrating".

9. houseofglass21

So JayGoogle's logic is essentially...

if that girl wasn't wearing that dress or walking to her car at 2am she wouldn't have gotten raped?

1 person likes this.
  10. houseofglass21

blame the victim

11. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

couldn't have said it better.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He never once looks at Harden so I don't see how you are assuming he sees Harden. He feels Harden for sure which is likely why he throws the elbow.

You're saying he's bipolar, He says himself he has anger issues. That was not angry Artest.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes because when players go to get a inbounds pass they RUN into other players instead of avoiding them lol.

14. Obito

Lol seriously.

He was going to get the inbound too. Ron's a piece of ****, always has been.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Harden is in that spot, does any of this happen?

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wow, I hope you're trolling and not serious. Cause if you're serious, you're r****ded.

17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Artest was ready to throw down. The look in his eyes as Ibaka steps to him just screams crazy. He would've taken that kid to the woodshed.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are clearly NOT aware of his Pacer career. Give it up. Artest WAS a dirtly player as a Pacer. He didn't get into many fights.

Your statement on Harden being in the spot is totally clueless. Just wow.

19. Obito

Fact of the matter is, it doesen't matter what spot you're on the court, you don't deserve a blatant elbow to the head. & just because he didn't see him means he didn't know he was there? He clearly knew he was going to get a headshot, he just thought he would get away with it.

Hop off the dudes ass, he left our team for our rival. He didn't even play good for us.

20. Obito

I've never seen such a stupid stand to not one.. but like 3 arguments at once.

Sucks cause I thought you were a pretty good poster but you're completely clueless.