1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron artest....hooligan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Apr 22, 2012.

1. houseofglass21

Harden not returning, showing signs of concussion

2. bcast89

bcast89 Member

The bolded part says otherwise.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

that elbow looked worse than a punch to the back of the head.

so many nerves in that area..how can someone do that to a fellow player? over what? a dunk?

4. houseofglass21

tehG l i d e with tehF a i l

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

This is pretty bad and didn't expect this from Artest especially when Harden didn't even do anything. We've seen Maxwell throw elbows in the past but nothing like this, this was with real force and could've hurt James. He should be suspended for at least 10 games (final reg season games + whole 1st round).

6. lean

lean Member

Damn Ron. Not what I want to see. Pretty obvious from the slow mo replay he does it on purpose. I wouldn't say it's far fetched to just ban him from the league at this point. I dunno, maybe that's a little harsh, but the comparisons to a Jon Jones elbow are pretty accurate.

7. krouchchocolate

10 games is a lot. I would think like 5 max.

8. houseofglass21

He should be suspended for the entire playoffs. That was blatant intent to do bodily harm and it has no place in society, let alone the game.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mike Breen says Artest actually has a "good heart". I guess it's true because he says so.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Not the same thing. Harden didn't do anything wrong because it's what players do all the time after the opposing player scores. I was just put Artest's mindset into perspective. You guys with your pitchforks, yeesh.

11. TISNF

TISNF Member

That's it? Ludicrous. He was single-handedly responsible for arguably the darkest moment in the NBA's history.

You have to know that David Stern, even now, treats Artest a ZERO tolerance/leniency policy. People will be calling for a lifetime ban -- and understandably so. He just brought back all those images that the NBA has worked hard to distance itself from.

I'd be SHOCKED if he wasn't suspended for the entirety of the playoffs and even part of next year...along the lines of a Goodell "indefinite suspension".

12. houseofglass21

Why don't the police ever get involved with things like this? Harden should file aggravated assault charges on Artest

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Dime Update: Harden will NOT be returning after a second concussion test, per Lisa Salters, cast some doubts about his fitness for play.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

hes real stupid for this and they have one regular reason game left. hes gonna be suspended in the first,second game of the playoffs IMO

15. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Ron ROn going to back to being a pos.

He deserves to get suspended the rest of the season. I can understand some certain flagrant fouls, a hard play. That was just a brutal shot the head. Given Artest's history, I'd think a harsh punishment is heading his way.

16. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Their called contracts; you sign them when you join the league and they limit the liabilities of other teams, players, the league etc and you consent to certain level of physical play that could result in injury.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is idiotism a word, because if so then I want to start using it!

18. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

It's pretty comparable. Scola was laid out on the court, and with zero provocation, Love stomped Scola in the head. He could have lost control of the stomp, broken Scola's nose, his cheekbone, his orbital bones or broken teeth. That also was no basketball play.

I'm not saying that MWP doesn't deserve a lengthy suspension (by no means), what I'm arguing is that the league can't indiscriminately drop the hammer on World Peace. Since the league (wrongly, IMO) set a precedent in the Love suspension, to me, it would mean that the league has to use the Love suspension as the baseline punishment, and then work up/down from there. In the final analysis, both actions were irresponsible, reckless and dangerous non-basketball actions, and should be judged similarly.

19. conquistador#11

Oh wow, harden did not flop on that one.

like that newsreporter you don't stick your face to a dog you don't know. harden should have given him his three feet.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dabt_Kb2UmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thats why i hate the lakers