1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest doesn't need Tim Duncan or Shaq!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 1, 2009.

?

Hey Tmac

1. The Rockets are no average team!

249 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hey Shaq and Tim Duncan didn't make it to the 2nd this year!

118 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. rocketshopeful

I hope we bring him back. But I don't think I think its more likeley hes not in a Rockets Uni. Props to him for a huge close out game though.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I got to give it up to tinny on this one...the OP is right on the money. T-Mac called the CURRENT team, average.....THE CURRENT TEAM THAT JUST WON A PLAYOFF SERIES.

For all you t-mac apologists, let that sink into your heads...

3. 9495

9495 Member

Appreciate what you said about T-Mac. If Ron Artest can be redeemed with what he did, so could T-Mac. He hasn't done anything nearly as atrocius as Artest.
    One cannot twice step into the same river. Last year, with Yao out, T-mac carried the team to 22 wins. This year, with T-mac down but the addition of Artest and growth of other players, the Rox passed the first round. It doesn't prove Yao or Artest is a better individual player than T-mac. It's hard work and collective growing up for the team, but part of it is also circumstance or luck. When it's time to celebrate, every teammate should be included.
    T-mac doesn't want to be traded to a lottery team where it would take much longer if ever to reach the second round of playoffs. You could call this selfish, but it's also part of the business of basketball - it's human nature to want to play for a good team. For sure, T-mac made poor judgements and handle the sitution badly, but it's equally childish for the team or fans to dump him under the bus now, because he is still a valuable asset for the organization.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about?

Somebody threw a beer at Ron and he went up to whip some punk's azz!

Tmac threw his TEAM under the bus!

Ron went up to beat up some fool who threw a beer at him!

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

McGrady led the team to 12 wins.

This attitude should be reflected in the next contract he seeks.

He was an obstacle that needed to be overcome, and its only natural to celebrate when your team overcomes obstacles.

And he isnt an asset. His contract is.

6. 9495

9495 Member

What T-mac did was detrimental to his team.
    What Ron did was detrimental to the game.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude,

I got an idea for you. Go find somebody like Ron Artest in the hood, and throw a beer at him and watch what happens.

here's another idea,

if you see charles barkley eating dinner, go bother him. make sure he sits near the window.

8. Ari

Ari Member

I am indifferent about T-Mac, but reading some of the threads around here you would think we have already won a championship!

Newsflash: no trophies are passed around after the first round. You either win your conference or you have accomplished literally nothing. Unless moral victories count for something in your book.

Forget T-Whack and move on, we are above his antics and lack of professionalism.

9. Ari

Ari Member

So you celebrate thuggish and borderline criminal behavior? Why is that? Because it helps perpetuate their 'hoodness' and maintains their street cred back in the 'hood'? :confused:

I will give Ron and Charles a pass for their antics on the court, but the off the court stuff cannot easily be forgotten or forgiven. One guy throws people through windows and drives around drunk endangering people's lives, while the other beats up on his wife.

I am a fan of theirs, but lets not brush over the fact that they are less than outstanding citizens. But then again, I would understand if you actually view their actions as 'good' in a twisted hood fantasy sort of way. It is sad, but unfortunately common among the youths these days. There is a tendency to view bad as good.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

the dude was referring to Ron Artest's brawl in Detroit.
    Hence the 'beer' throwing.

get your Ron Ron facts straight.

We're all human. Ghandi would have gone Dhalsim on someone if they threw at beer at him.

11. 9495

9495 Member

I am not a defender of T-mac. I think he is spoiled by his own talent, and he is not in the league of Kobe or Wade, which he used to think he is. At this point of his career, assuming he rehabs well after the surgery, he could still be a valuable piece of a championship team, weather it's with the Rockets or not, like Drexler, Mourning, or Glen Rice. Those three got their rings after passing their prime.
    If T-mac wants to stay with the Rox, there is definately much fence-mending to do. If the team decides to trade him, in order to maximize the returned value, you don't act like he is the cancer you want to get rid of. That's just not smart.
    People here tend to have a short memory span. Let's be gracious and forgiving, while enjoying this moment.

12. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

i do appreciate what this special group of players we have just did, but i'm tired of the negativity. we lose, it's tmacs fault, we win, it's tmacs fault, we don't get a trade done, tmac, we get a trade done, tmac, my 5 foot 9 frame can't dunk, tmac, everything here is tmac this, and tmac that. let it go. that's all i'm saying.

13. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Tracy McGrady used to be one of my favorite players. But Until, I see his lack of hustle, passion and heart. I started disliking him like most people here. Tracy was a special player, one of the best pick n roll players in his prime. He had terrible luck down in Orlando, and ever since he's gotten in Houston he has not taken advantage of what he could accomplish in this league. He has literally given up on his team. It's hard to gain respect back, I do like that he's cheering for us though. Not a fan of his on-court actions.

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Tracy obviously has more talents than Yao and Ron Ron combined but he will never have the heart that our dynamic duo possesses.

Let me put it this way. If I am in a melee, I will want Ron Ron watching my back.

15. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Also, Tracy McGrady in the quote sounded like his fan boys. His fans keep saying oh he's never been on a good team to get out of the 1st round, and they end up showing his stats about how dominate he was in the regular season and in the playoffs. As much as I once liked Tracy McGrady, he sounds very bipolar from some of the stuff he says like that.

I remember him saying we have a championship caliber team before the season started and now I truly don't know why he would say I'm in an average team now. Even his fan boys won't agree he has an average team this year, because they just past the 1st round.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tracy is just an uneducated fool, he has spent his entire life surrounded with hangers on and sycophants who reinforce every dumb stupid thing he says.

He has no moral compass upon which to draw from, and when I say uneducated, I am not necessarily talking about college.

I am more talking about him missing out on life's lessons, he has been coddled his entire life....and has had no consequences for his bad behavior.....

To me, that is why I think he says the stupid things he does.....because his entourage is there patting him on the back going..heck yeah...heck yeah.

The blind leading the blind.

DD

#136 DaDakota, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  17. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I just find it ironic, how when he was on the court he says It's on me, Blame me for all of our causes. Then when he's bored and not playing anymore, like currently and in the off-season. He says, my teammates didn't come through but I did.

I do give him a big load of credit for what he did in Orlando, because those teammates were worse than tomato cans. However, he has not taken advantage of what he could be doing down here in Houston. He did mention how back in Orlando his teammates aren't even in the league anymore and are either retired or free agents.

I just dislike how he keeps changing his mind about him needing to take all the blame, and then blaming it on others.

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

Watch this video , this is the real reason the team won the series. The breaks in the game come when you fight for those inches and you have to know when you look your teammate in the eye that he's also willing to fight for that inch. You heal as a team , or you die as individuals. That's called team game. Its not about who's the best player , its about all the players giving their best.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Having talents is one thing....haven't heart and desire is another. Tracy has talents (declining), but has no heart and desire and will to dominate. It's the same as describing someone having athleticism but lack toughness and IQ ...like Stromile Swift. So i rather have someone that don't have great athleticism but play with heart and desire like Ginobili. This guy don't have the greatest talents in the world...he's not going to post you up and do a fade away like Kobe....he's not going to out jump and outrebound and dunk on people...BUT he has the heart, toughness, desire to win and dominate...which makes him a superstar!!