1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest doesn't need Tim Duncan or Shaq!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 1, 2009.

?

Hey Tmac

1. The Rockets are no average team!

249 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hey Shaq and Tim Duncan didn't make it to the 2nd this year!

118 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you play poker dude?

The T-mac fans are the people who complain about the river card and tell people they would have a straight flush, but they won't show people their cards.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I know Yao has deficiencies and a lot of people here, including myself bring it up. But for Tracy McGrady, as a teammate of Yao, to pretty much imply Yao is average was the last straw for me.

It has always been about me with Tracy McGrady. And so, it was the me who sat alone somewhere out there in the woods while the average players moved on to the next round. Not even an injured Mutombo was there by his side. This year his drama was extremely costly to him.

Basketball gods spoke last night in spectacular fashion.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I play poker religiously and the analogy you've made sounds about right to me.

Good work on the thread by the way. People need to know She-Mac has been calling out his own teammates for being average & pick the rival team to win it all.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac was wrong for that quote. so i have no problem with ppl criticizing him for what he says b/c he does say stupid things

but for people to think yao or artest were the best players for us in this series is ridiculous. the best player in this series was scola. the most impactful bunch was wafer + lowry in terms of game-changing. the best player overall in this series was brandon roy.

you think if yao had played like this v. utah, we had a chance. portland was a great matchup for us and we stacked well v. them from top to bottom.

5. Arvid

Arvid Member

You can say that Scola scored the most points for us in this series or he played the best out of himself. But saying that he is the best player on the team? Not really (no knock on Luis though). There is a reason why Portland played defense like that and why Luis could take advantage of it.

6. hotsouthtree

hotsouthtree Member

Why porland was a great match up for us. It is just because of Yao.

Why scola play so good in this series. It is just becasue of Yao.

Definately Yao is the best player in this series. :D

:mad:

7. t_mac1

1) portland was inexperienced and that showed in the first game. every game after that was ultra competitive.

2) scola benefitted from yao's double teams, but he showed he can score v. aldridge AT WILL in the post if he wanted to.

3) reason we won game 6: lowry and wafer. 2 pt game after the first became a 12 pt lead when they went out in the 2nd quarter.

this was a complete team effort. the thread title is very misleading is all.

8. gamor

gamor Member

This team is special because they played team ball. There is no "hero" ME in this squad, which leads to everyone stepped up in diffirent games.

This team passed the first round not because portland was a great matchup, because this team played with heart. They gave their best to make sure Rockets gets the W. By the way, portland is very good team. At least laker fans are thanksful to us that they don't need to visit rose garden.

So your words really don't make Tmac looks better, but indeed justfied Tinman points of Tmac only fans.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Generally, in all your posts, if you're not defending McGrady, then you're criticizing Yao in some manner.

You dont understand that the reason Scola was left open was b/c his defender was sagging towards Yao. That was the lesser of two evils. To trivialize Yao's involvement is just ignorant.

And Scola could not score at will in the post. If he were able to, then Adelman would've run nonstop isolation plays for him.

10. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Wait, I think he was being sarcastic there or at least I hope he was. Jon Barry (in his twilight), Padgett (any point in his career), Sura (hurt), add Rybo and Wesley, NO ONE in their right mind would would call that a good NBA lineup.

11. t_mac1

it's also a myth that tmac was all about "me" when he does play the games. hell, everyone criticizes him b/c he "DEFERS" too much.

the things he says maybe "me me me," but when he plays the game, he's very unselfish.

PS - the team tracy played on last yr had A TON OF HEART and tracy was one of those with it--he could have shut it down with all those injuries.

12. t_mac1

um...that's not adelman's style. scola was ON FIRE in game 5 but they still spread the ball around. that's why the team is so successful.

i never said yao didn't play well, but he could have played better. this series would have been easier if he did, along with ron artest.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

why is it we still must continue to whine about tmac? get over it

14. RoxRulaHula

RoxRulaHula New Member

You are joking right? Serious? oh my god, Scola was free because of Yao. What a joke, Scola for MVP, ummmm ok, whatever.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

damn dude, you are going to catch up to me in posts just by this post season alone!

hahahahaha

16. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Hahaha

17. banky

banky Member

wow can T-Mac be any more of a little b****?

total disrespect to Paul Pierce.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Paul Pierce never complained about being a Celtic despite having terrible teams. He was a true professional and did what was asked him, like defend Kobe in the finals.

19. chewy016

chewy016 Member

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p6bJ9gWWAlY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p6bJ9gWWAlY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>