1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest doesn't need Tim Duncan or Shaq!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 1, 2009.

?

Hey Tmac

1. The Rockets are no average team!

249 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hey Shaq and Tim Duncan didn't make it to the 2nd this year!

118 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. Chiron

Chiron Member

I want to thank T-Mac....

First he picks Louisville Cardinals to win the NCAA championship

Then he Picks the Lakers to win the NBA finals...

A Loser always picks Losers!

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ben Gordon + Henrich would look really good. That was the trade we turned down right?

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

tinman, your threads are usually either fun or flame-baiting, but I like most of them, especially those ones with great pics and clips. But I got to say, let's give the poor guy a break. He's still a Rockets. Even if he's traded next year, he still gave us a lot during his staying here. I have been a TMac fan since his Toronto year, the one on one games vs VC in his Orlando years are still vivid. He did contribute a lot to the Rockets, and the growth of Yao as well. The 2-man game between him and Yao was a beauty to watch. His 13 points in 35 seconds will be in history forever.

Sure, he lacks passion for the game, and he lacks discipline and drive to be really successful, becomes a victim of his own talent, but he's still a Rockets. He's a good person with tons of talent and great BBall IQ, albeit low EQ. 12 years, it's no easy task for Rockets fans, and those players. Now they finally have that huge monkey off the back, let's be happy and excited about the next series. At the moment of happiness and success, we can afford to be tolerant and kind, and more forgiving.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think all the Tmac threads today are getting childish. But of all the things Tmac has said and done, this is one I can't rationalize.

This quote was all about throwing his past teammates under the bus and not taking any responsibility. His 'woe is me/victim of circumstance' is getting tired.

The point is not what Tmac has or has not accomplished here, but how he's acted and carried himself.

BTW, if he comes back healthy and his head on straight, he can still be a major force. But there's NO excuse for not playing killer defense now. Reserving your energy for the offense? Tell that to Kobe, Lebron, or Wade, all considered top defenders this year.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Tinman, u haven't create a thread worth a wooden nickel in a while. What's up with that? U are starting to compile Dumb Ass Thread mentions a lot.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you've been on this site long enough to witness :

tmac fans throw

yao
    rick adelman
    ron artest
    aaron brooks
    rafer
    jvg
    drexler
    etc

under the bus. and make incredible amounts of excuses for tmac's failures.
    we clutchfans had to listen to this garbage, its embarrassing.

is years of "If Tmac" and "If Tmac" that

Oh and that sad dunk attempt against he Bucks, they were dogging Ron and Wafer for laughing at it.

That crap was hilarious and that pretty much sums up Tmac. I'm hurt but I'm going to attempt a reverse dunk on the breakaway.

then make the excuse in his interview that i wish i had pass the ball.

Why is Tmac on Jim Rome and another CALIFORNIA radio station kissing Kobe and the Laker's butt anyways before our series is even over?

7. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

yeah, that is all Rox need, A TRUE WARRIOR.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Apparently my dumb ass threads are getting pretty popular because people feel the same way as I do.

The years of lame excuses by the tmac fans. the embarrassing comparisons to kobe. the blame of jvg, yao, ron, rick adelman, steve francis etc

How about every game we lose we get that stupid "Do you wish we had Tracy?"

maybe you think that I'm Maxwell throwing a dumbell with this thread, but all of Rocket fans have that Maxwell in us.

give me a technical foul or a flagrant for this thread. i don't ever regret it. clutch city ain't average!

9. tinman

Supporting Member

you know what's more beautiful and more historically permanent?

us getting pass the second round since 1997.

Kenny Smith mentioning to Charles "you were there"
    Charles "96? 97? I can't remember what happened last week!"

Charles "But Tracy McGrady never made it of the first round"

TNT inside the NBA + real Rockets fans + Rick Adelman + Ron Artest/Yao Ming funny interviews after advancing > anything tmac ever did for us or orlando or toronto

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Tinman, the Klan can march on washington with 100k members. Just because its popular don't mean its right. I'm not comparing ur threads to the klan, but you're like the kid throwing blackjacks in the bon fire. When was the last time u created a thread just talking about strong points or concerns over junctures in the game? U my man, but why can't fans just enjoy the 1st rd advance? U act like the rox won the title or something.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

We're free bigez!

I know it's not the championship, but it feels good like tone toni tone

12. Seth

Seth Member

Duncan canĀ“t do Squat withou Ginobili??

Oh.. he won a championship without him.

13. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

If anyone but tinman started this thread, it would've been locked immediately.

My only contribution will be to say that this is the series when most of you will realize how much this team needs a healthy T-Mac to be a true contender. If Yao can only average 16/game against Oden/Pryzbilla/Aldridge what is he going to do against Bynum/Gasol/Odom?

This is the exact series when you'd want the three-headed combo of Yao/Artest/T-Mac. Yao to do what he can down low, Artest to guard Kobe and T-Mac to spread the Lakers' defense.

14. harryrms

harryrms Member

A healthy tmac is still enough. A healthy tmac with Ron's heart may work
    for us. But that's never going to happen. So, let's get someone else with
    his 20M.

15. harryrms

harryrms Member

Still NOT enough. That's what I mean.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

you don't factor in ego, selflessness, leadership, and toughness in that equation.

your concept on paper sounds good, but on the court it has never happened.

the concept of a player as talented as tracy leading us to playoff success has not worked.

two coaches, one all star, and many excuses later.

my thread won't get locked cause its based on actually fact. everything he said was fact, it was quoted at the source.

clutch city buddy clutch city.

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This is one of the best threads tinman has ever made, IMO.

Im lovin' it :)

Viva Yao Ming!

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Come on it's just not fair.... well Steve Francis had Yao too. It's not like Yao didn't play in all those first round losses in the 7 years that he has been here. The fact is we do have a MUCH better supporting cast than we EVER had during the losses. Come on, we had RyBo as starting PF with Westley coming off the bench for TMac. Now it's Scola, Landry and Wafer!! And if we had a healthy Yao last year, guess what? WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN JAZZ! Yes with TMac. Heck we gave them a hard time the same way Blazers did to us. And all that without Yao AND Ron Ron on the team.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

you're right,
    its not fair that Tmac actually said that the Rockets were an average team and that he never played with shaq or duncan or was switched with paul pierce. its about him winning a championship, not the Rockets.

its not fair.

20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

What about the year we had the white boy squad?

With the likes of J. Barry, Scott "2 Beers" Padgett, & Bob "Play Boy" Sura!

I think he had a pretty darn good team that year so I don't want to hear any more excuses for She-Mac, Please.