1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest doesn't need Tim Duncan or Shaq!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 1, 2009.

?

Hey Tmac

1. The Rockets are no average team!

249 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hey Shaq and Tim Duncan didn't make it to the 2nd this year!

118 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. Hmm

Hmm Member

i'm going to assume the final bolded word here.. was a word of the day.. because honestly.. wordly...?

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Difference between Tmac and Ron is that even though Ron doesn't play well on one side he can play well on the other, namely defense and make things work. even if you played on the Celtics Tracy, if you don't play with passion and show that you want to win, day in and day out, you WON'T get a free pass.

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

not to mention.. that after the fact.. he goes on to mention.. that it was not only the injury holding him back this season.. but also admits.. " I lost my passion."

once again.. entirely after the fact.. after the surgery..

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Yaodaameannnnnnnnnnnn?!!!

5. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Nail...Nail..

Tmac fans must be crying...he's still a regular season superstar...

Not bashing him, but this year, he just almost takes entire rockets down, showed absolutely no class to Rockets organization and fans...

He almost screwed us, but hell, We are in the second round, so just be happy

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah.. I'm labeled a "TMac supporter/fanboy" here (more of a hater of the haters, but who cares), but in tonight's context ... wow...

I just watched a Rockets team full of heart and desire take the monkey off their back in warrior-like fashion. I saw Yao Ming overcome his past failures. I saw Shane Battier prove his doubters wrong. I saw Von Wafer, called tonight "dleague scrub trash" by Lakers fans, play through pain in a must-win game. I saw the undersized PF Landry, the thrown-into-the-fire 'undersized' PG's Brooks and Lowry, and the previously infamous 'thug' Ron Artest carry this city into old territory that will become familiar once again...

Then I logged onto Clutchfans and was met with this TMac quote. "I've always been on average teams."

I just saw an average team elevate itself and become brilliant. They never quit and they let their play do the talking.

That quote just hurts.. i'm sure he'd like to have that one back right about now.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no question we didn't need you at all!

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's exactly when I stopped respecting him as well. I read the quote above a little bit after that and was infuriated.

I'm glad we're out of the first round. I think we'd have a better chance against L.A. with a 100% healthy Tracy McGrady (as long as he fit in the offense), but I think I actually prefer losing to the Lakers instead without him, just to have the satisfaction of also getting out of the first round without him. The irony is never ending and always satisfactory.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I mean worldly....a typo...lol.

DD

10. deadlyc

deadlyc Member

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

Mcgrady is just a crybaby with excuses. I thought he can impose his will on the games??? So he needs better player with more will than his?

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to hang out with the kool kids. I always seem to have average friends'' he said. "You take me back in my high school days with the football quarterback? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me with the cheerleader? There's no question. There's definitely no question I can be the Prom QUEEN.''

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Tmac sucks!

People in Orlando HATES HIM

People in Toronto HATES HIM

now People in Houston HATES HIM

Yeah he's a good player but he will never get out of the 1st rd

and I dont think ANY TEAM will retire his #

and I DOUBT he'll make it to the HALL OF FAME.

TMAC = LOSER = WHINER = LIL b****

12. Iron21

Iron21 Member

Another T-mac thread lol, we finally make it the second round in like what 12 years and the only thing that people are making threads about is T-Mac. :confused:

Just let it go already and move on.

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

14. dijk

dijk Member

Anybody tells me who is this Tmac? ;)

15. gamor

gamor Member

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

WoW! this is the first time i read this quotes because i didn't follow Rocket those weeks.
    I like Tmac's game, and never really hate him for quitting this season.
    But these words... just take away my respect for him.

He can has a bad season, no big deal.
    He can quit a season to recover his body,that's ok.
    But to put all the blames on his team is another story.

the Desire, that is the factor make him cant be as good as Kobe, sigh.

Well, maybe it is a good thing for Rockets. At least, now we have 23 mils to bring 1 or 2 good players here.

16. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Just remember everyone there is no T-mac in the word TEAM. I hope Judas cries himself to sleep tonight holding onto his pieces of silver that he stole from this team. He is a backstabbing baby that will always be a second round virgin. I hope we trade him for some 5th round draft pick that has an actual heart, if the money matched up I would trade him for cancer.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

those 2 weren't even the best players in the series tinman.

scola FTW, and the vohawk :D

18. MarsRock

MarsRock Member

Let's just forget about Tmac, the game is not over :cool:

19. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

If Tmac go to the celtics and still loses, he will say

"We don't have Shaq, Yao or a great center"

excuses..bringing your class which was sky high, to the lowest point

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Beautiful!