1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Romney the Bully

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, May 10, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

I think it might even be a 50 year old story. And it might have been a non-starter if it didn't play in so well to the increasingly accepted idea that Romney is an over-entitled, prickly dick, prone to meanness.

I don't really care that he was a jerk 50 years ago. I only care that he never grew out of it.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I was at a co-ed boarding school from Third through fall of Fifth Form. I didn't get any hazing despite openly complaining and really not fitting in socially, pigmentally, homeworkically or tuition payment-wise; but the sheer teen-to-adult ratio, and with no parents or cops in sight, made it ripe ground for drugs, public fellatio and some pretty rough treatment for any loners or weirdos.

3. SunsRocketsfan

or people who start and post such a stupid thread to begin with.. . sorry OP that article/story is crap and way too damn long

4. SunsRocketsfan

no you only care because he's a Republican with different views than you

5. thadeus

thadeus Member

If this is true, then he has my vote.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Actually he expressed exactly my views, and on pretty much everything, back when he was running in MA. He happens to have done a 180 on every single one of those views but that's not my fault.

Regardless of me being a jerk myself fairly often, I don't want a jerk president, R or D. Like many people, whether I'm one or not, I don't like jerks.

Also, p.s., you really don't know what I care about if you think my views are purely partisan.

Simpleminded post is simpleminded.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

If that is true then everybody probably has your vote. Who among us has never sharted? Let he who be without shart throw the first shart.

8. thadeus

thadeus Member

That is a great campaign slogan. Let the Shart Party (or the 'Sharty') come to power now!

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I will admit to an occasional shart in my youth, but I am a different man now. I'm married and have kids for gosh sakes. My wife was a a positive anti-sharting influence on my life. I never realized the people I sat with after sharting were holding their noses or gagging. How could I know that when my sharts don't smell nearly as bad as the sharts of others? How could I be expected to do anything different if nobody told me I smell? At any rate, I have not sharted in over 50 years and I don't remember anyone really appalled by my youthful sharts, though if there are such people, I apologize for your over-sensitive olfactory organs.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, it says a lot about Romney, none of it good. That he claims to not remember the incident is absurd. We're at least ballpark in age, and I certainly recall similar incidents at my high school, even though I was not involved. I recall the major fights I had in grade school, for crying out loud, and he sure as hell remembers getting a gang of like minded assholes to chase down this kid and cut off his hair.

Romney is starting to remind me of Richard Nixon, who didn't mind lying about anything, as long as he didn't get caught doing it. The more I find out about this rich kid (and the school where this took place tells you all you need to know about how Romney was raised... in the midst of the privileged class), the more disgusted I am by him. Someone will say, "All politicians lie!" and attempt to dismiss it, but Romney looks to have made a career out of twisting his background, and his actions, to fit his audience. The problem for Mitt the Twit is that now he's on the national stage, and subject to a level of scrutiny beyond what he's used to.

11. Qball

Qball Member

bahhh forget it

#31 Qball, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  12. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

What stands out to me is that romneys people are trying like hell to get someone who was at cranbrook with him to back him up and no one will.

Welcome to the general election mitt.

13. AXG

AXG Member

I think we all did things like that in high school. It's a non-issue

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Organize a gang to hold down a long-haired classmate so I can cut his hair while he cries? Nope, can't say I have.

15. AXG

AXG Member

"Things like that," not the same act. Then again, I was pretty bad as a youth. In fact, I'm surprised Romney would even remember this incident. High school was such a blur for me.

16. mc mark

mc mark Member

You wouldn't remember if you were an ******* or, say, a band geek or drama ***?

17. AXG

AXG Member

Do you remember everything you did 50 years ago?

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

did someone say shart......

[​IMG]

19. mc mark

mc mark Member

I remember every fight I've ever been in in my life.

20. thadeus

thadeus Member

Pole, please endorse the Shart Party for national elections.