1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rome] McHale Interview (2/10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Feb 10, 2012.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He actually coached the Wolves for 94 games.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What I like about McHale is he is as real as Rudy, JVG and Adelman. As a well-spoken HOFer though, it makes him different. He sounds so relaxed and at ease with his life that he'll just talk to you. No politics...no worries of inadequacy...no paranoia about being misunderstood by your players or assistants or media. He just loves basketball and in his core knows he loves to help young players succeed and believes in himself to do it.

I love Rudy, JVG and Adelman...I really do. And it isn't like I loved them all...Bill Fitch...yuck! But I believe each of Rudy, JVG and Adelman have some type of chip on their shoulder. I could name it, but don't want to go there now and distract from McHale. Oh, and as a commentator...JVG is perfect and clearly has not personal chips...but as a coach ... when he gets sleep deprived and wakes up on the floor of the TYC video room again when the morning cleaning crew comes through with their vacuums...things change.

McHale doesn't strike me as having any chip on his shoulder in any way shape or form. I think the players sense that, too.

Isn't it called Comfortable in Your Own Skin?

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Would somebody like to transcribe or summarize what McHale said?

I can't seem to get the audio to work from overseas. THANKS!

4. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

5. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

also, the mchale interview is on the homepage
    of stucknut as well. it might work differently
    than the takebox link in the first post.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

7. Kukai

Kukai Member

Love your Jimi quote, I'm a HUGE Hendrix fan.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL Rome was in awe at the interview...well I guess I am too. I'm not even sure I believe it wasn't scripted and Rome gave him all the questions a couple of days beforehand, Mchale kept on dropping bomb after bomb from telling interesting stories to funny jokes to quotable quotes.

Outwork your talent? How did he come up with this stuff? LOL no wonder he got the head coaching job, Mchale could probably talk Alexander into firing DM and making him the GM lol.

9. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing this -

10. arjun

arjun Member

Any link to use this on mobile?