1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling Stone Endorses Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's worth the 2minutes 31 seconds it takes to read it.

yeah that was a bad article, but, it doesn't invalidate every author and editor that they ever print. And I don't think Matt Taibbi is on the Hiltrain yet.

#21 Dubious, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I support Hillary because I think she have a better chance of being elected than Sanders. I do not want to see either Trump or Cruz in white house, it is that simple.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/hillary-clinton-for-president-20160323

Wow what a gutsy call by a mainstream for profit media corporation!!! to endorse when they think they finally know the winner.lol Not just not gutsy but not that impressive of a piece.
    Hillary Clinton for President

Well how about idealism, honesty and someone who has fought harder than old Hillary and Bill as they triangulated through the years on Wall Street, mass incarceration, shipping jobs overseas and and largely a unconcern for inreased inequality, played ball on fracking and the Tar sands pipeline etc. until they polls flipped recently.

Hillary loves to talk of plan and throws around some policy terms, but she never annunciates her plans or just says essentially we will do Obama but a bit better . She mainly just claims to have plans. Triangulation and compromise with folks who don't want to compromise is not a plan for a change.

So how exactly does playing ball on fracking and until a few months ago the Canadian Tar Sands address climate change?.

Hillary never addresses this issue either and just poses as at best an Obama clone with similar tactscs and he has not dealt very well with this issue either.

Over and over she is more qualified.

Is he actually finding on this metric the post college triangulator in chief and Wall Street speechmaker HIllary to be better than Sanders?

Years of videos of her reversing her stands sometimes in the same year depending on the audience. lol Watching in the last six moths her keep changing to Bernie's language and positions week by week if you watch the debates or news.

Not even a good try as just two years ago she repeated the same debacle in Lybya to create another failed state to which she may want to send American occupiers. Ok, she can claim that has now learned.

Rolling Stone has championed the "youth vote" since 1972, ...We failed; Nixon was re-elected in a landslide. But those of us there learned a very clear lesson: America chooses its presidents from the middle, not from the ideological wings. We are faced with that decision again.

So if Nixon had lost American would be totally awesome and different today?
    So is it not true that in many ways what the youth vote advocated has come to fruition anyway?

As if Bernie is not for these incremental changes or proposing more initially means you never compromise.

It is misleading to say that quality is the whole issue wrt to trade agreements..

Yeah, Bernie is not tough and it is because he is so weak that he has shocked Hillary in this race when you consider he is running against the most famous woman in American backed by corporate media, such as the Rolling Stone and PACs.

With the Clintons ineffective in opposing the decades long retreat of the libeals, with their triangulating with their Wall Street buddies to neuter the labor wing of the Dem Party and offering not too much resistance.

Climate change?!! Hillary just switched on the Canadian pipeline for the election.

Bernie has passed or made amendments to more bills than Hillary. He has much more legistlative experience. Hilllary was Secretary of State for 7 years she she did observe and aid Bil in triangulating to the rightl.

The Clinton wing of the Dem Party is not enough to win either with nearly a third claiming to be independents. All polls show Bernie doing much better among independents than Hillary. African Americans and other Dems will vote Democratic. Turnout is key. Hillary and the status quo is not generating much excitement and there are some indications that African Americans while preferring Hillary to date are not turning out as they did for Obama.

1 person likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, that doesn't say much for their research or objectivity; but you could literally change a "six" to a "seven" and it'd be completely true.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post, but this to me is my favorite part. It makes a lot of great points.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Rolling Stone endorses Hillary!

[​IMG]

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they spent the past decade exposing the corruption of goldman, and now they endorse goldman's chief executive w**** :confused:

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I can't for the life of me recall if broadcast news organizations officially endorse presidential candidates or even identify what program or personnel they would use to do it. But your post reminded me that Fox News has been around for twenty years, and if you consider some of the non-political aspects of their growth and popularity I wouldn't blame them for endorsing Trump, there are a lot of similarities there.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they officially do, but sometimes you can just tell that they are in the tank for someone. For example, CNN was WAY in the tank for Obama 8 years ago and Fox is even worse when it comes to Trump right now. MSNBC, as always, doesn't count.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

foxnews is supporting trump now? i wouldn't know i rarely Rarely watch cable news anymore. the only thing i know going on in that regard is the trump vs kelly feud.

12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Fox News hates Trump. Anyone who says otherwise has betrayed themselves as unthinking partisan.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yes they hate all that money he is making them, just like all the comedians hate Trump for providing easy jokes.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Consider also that CNN's parent company has donated to Hillary Clinton. It's no secret really.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I heard every major news network this year has effectively been in the tank for Trump. He's probably have racked up Billions in free news publicity.