1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rolling Stone: A Rape on Campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BabyClutch, Nov 28, 2014.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How about "men" stop raping people. I don't even know how you can be turned on by that. Anyways carry on.

2. downbytheriver

Rolling stone was very brave to put the rape culture of "storied" campuses on blast. i don't think this girl is lying one bit, I think UVA is changing things around to protect their reputation and the accused has complied. It is obvious that countless girls with these stories are bullied into keeping quiet and now they're going to go after this one hard for coming out, lest other's work up the courage and the cosby domino happens.

3. Mr. Brightside

I remember when men acted like men, and Rolling Stone wrote about music.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It goes both ways. There are countless false rape accusations launch by females that ruin men's lives. This isn't a game. You can ruin a man's career, family all over a lie.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

While you don't type "50/50," your language suggests it in that post. I don't think the data support anything but a small % of rape allegations being false.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

With the rise of "Rape propaganda" I think false accusations will rise. A girl and a guy get drunk and what used to be one night stand guilt could now be called rape. Guys needs to give girls breathalyzer now because this is getting stupid. Women need to be protected against themselves

1 person likes this.
  7. rudan

rudan Member

Now they are all about terrorist crushes and hipsters........

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So what, UVA somehow managed to completely cover up what date a party was at?

Looking back in hindsight, this article was fishy as hell. I mean, think about the description of the rape. These guys knock a woman down onto a glass table, so glass shatters and since it's dark, they can't know where the glass is. So in a situation where there's glass scattered and probably all over her, you get down and whip out your dick?

Yeah, uh, no.

Fact is that rapes have been going down in this country. Sure, there's unreported rapes, but if you're going to talk about a rape epidemic, then it seems that one would have to assume that people are less likely to report rape compared to the past. I don't believe that.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

^A guy who obviously wasn't in a frat.

Those houses are nasty, and people will pretty much do anything anywhere.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

^A guy who obviously wasn't in a frat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because all of us in frats are sex-crazed animals. I take it you weren't in a frat either?

11. The Real Shady

Yeah, the description at the beginning of the rape had me questioning things as well. A group of 7ish college frat guys forcefully gang raping someone while they are fighting and screaming doesn't seem that believable. Now if they used a roofie where they pass out, or were into it, it would be more believable. Screaming and fighting back humanizes the victim making it more difficult to hurt/rape them, unless they are all sociopaths which is unlikely.

#31 The Real Shady, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

^A guy who obviously wasn't in a frat.

Those houses are nasty, and people will pretty much do anything anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I will admit that my college didn't have a Greek life. But while I guess it's not impossible if it is as you've described, I'll admit it breaks my SoD on top of various other factors. Anyways, it's an entirely moot point since we know it's false, and I hope that this isn't used as a reason to keep other people quiet.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Yeah, because all of us in frats are sex-crazed animals. I take it you weren't in a frat either?[/QUOTE]

I was. There was some shady **** - looking back on it, while no gang rapes that I recall, sexual assault was probably a lot more common than I wanted to admit at the time.

And our house was a nasty pit. Broken glass, stains etc.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just don't like the idea of putting the accusers on FULL BLAST while protecting the accused

I don't think either should be OUTED until it is proved.

The Rep is damaged . . . there will always be some that will never believe guilt or innocence
    You cannot unring that bell.

The Frat is now RAPE PHI RAPE - If everything comes out as 100% false. ..a large amount will still think they are RAPE PHI RAPE and they gamed the system

Rocket River

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Apparently Rolling Stone learned nothing from the Duke Lacrosse scandal. How do you even write a story about an unreported crime without talking to the alleged criminal. Would they write an article about any unreported crime with no test of it's veracity besides rape/sexual assault? If I went to Rolling Stone and told them a story about how all of my life savings were stolen by Lex Luthor, would they just print it without fact checking?

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

firing someone would be admitting wrong doing which would be terrible for the impending lawsuit coming from the frat.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Are there any repercussions for the accuser? I'd hate to discourage any women from coming forward with their stories, but when you make such large, damaging accusations that have no shred of credibility, you can ruin other's lives. It's not right if one can do that, yet have nothing at risk for themselves.