1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rolling Stone]100 Best Songs Of The Decade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AXG, Dec 13, 2009.

1. raj87

raj87 Member

That is because Pink Floyd is only held in high regard by substance abusers.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

I listen to a wide variety of music. That song is one of the most annoying, awful songs I have ever heard.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

The Dark Side of the Moon was on the Billboard 200 list for over 14 years. If that's all because of sales driven by substance abusers, then there are enough of them out there that their collective voice should be heard.

4. raj87

raj87 Member

I disagree. The collective voice of substance abusers should always be suppressed.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

*blows smoke in your face*

6. Steve_Francis_rules

They have the 25th highest selling album in the US all-time. They are the 10th highest selling act in US history with over 50 million albums sold. I was trying to make the point that it was very unlikely that the band is only appreciated by drug users.

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

definitely wouldn't be my list

8. raj87

raj87 Member

Pink Floyd is a dreadfully boring band that is only relevant to substance abusers, who happen to number in the tens of millions. That is not a difficult concept to grasp.

9. raj87

raj87 Member

I applaud you for your forthcomingness.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

i've never taken a banned substance in my life...but :rolleyes: at this guy.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

raj87 sees everything in black and white with no gray area?

all pink floyd music fans are substance abusers. don't bother arguing with him about it. he might try to get you in rehab. lol.

12. DieHard Rocket

I understand that there is no way a single person could ever agree with anything on that list, but Missy Elliot anywhere near top 100 of the decade is preposterous.

There's a lot that I don't agree with, just like anybody else, but I don't see how ANYBODY could agree with Missy Elliot on it.

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

I'm not a big fan of hers. Never bought any of her music, but I don't see how anybody could not see that her music is innovative. She's always been very unique in creating new sounds, like when she had the backwards lyrics in Work It. It's not really my cup of tea, but I give her props for really bringing a new sound to popular music.

14. DCkid

DCkid Member

You see, the thing is a lot of her songs reached the top of the billboard charts. At the same time she was one of the more critically acclaimed rap artists of the decade. Maybe it's not your cup of tea, but I don't see how anyone can be surprised that she would make an appearance on a list such as this.

This thread is priceless. We even have a guy complaining about the list because "Stan" by Eminem isn't high enough even though they put it at #10. Apparently it should have been #6. :grin:

Man, y'all are a tough crowd.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I like Pink Floyd. I am not a drug user. That is not a difficult concept to grasp. :rolleyes:

16. raj87

raj87 Member

While I agree that there are men and women who inexplicably enjoy Pink Floyd without the abuse of substances, they are in the minority, not the majority. Hence, Pink Floyd is generally perceived to be irrelevant to most credible observers.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Pink Floyd is an amzing band! they did a lot of amazing songs, and not only for the sustance abusers.

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

troll likes to troll

1 person likes this.
  19. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Member

I hate Pink Floyd too but your logic is kinda flawed. How do you feel about Led Zepplin then? There's no denying they were good. They were followed by the same number of substance abuser hippies as Pink Floyd, probably even more.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Next thing this guy is gonna be telling me that The Grateful Dead and Phish are just drug fad bands.